Highlighted
nfucci
Copper

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

I recenlty received a Latitude E6400. It came with Vista which our company hasn't rolled out yet. So I wiped it out and loaded XPsp2. After installing all Dell drivers (website & cd's) I still have a conflict that says "Audio device on high definition audio bus". The sound works fine. All hardware appears to be functioning normally, but as a tech I cannot stand to see the exclamation point in device manager. I even flashed the bios and installed XP service pack 3. I finally got frustrated and blew away the load to try again. Guess what...same results. I have been going through this for 2 days now...and suggestions?

0 Kudos
36 Replies
Klovnen
Copper

Re: Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

I am having the same problem on an XP converted E4200, feels like I have tried EVERYTHING..... what is using this device????

- Klovnen

0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem on E6400, E4200 and E4300.

The weirdest thing is that everything is working perfectly on these machines...

I would say that as everything is working it is not a big issue but anyway, I don't like to give a PC to a user if it's not perfect...

If anyone gets more info on this, please keep me posted...

Thanks,

ArthurOfCamalot

0 Kudos

OK Guys, I found the solution.

The missing driver is the HDMI port driver which is located in the HDMI folder of your diplay driver folder.

Once installed, everything is fine.

Have Fun,

ArthurOfCamalot.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Well done, Arthur. I was reading down the thread thinking "HDMI folder" the whole time. I just wasn't sure if that folder was extracted from the audio or video driver. Thanks for posting the solution.

#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
rmlawren
Bronze

Good catch! Thanks.

0 Kudos
marcoshid
Silver

Would this work on Vista 64-bit? I'm the same problem on my XPS M1530 after going to 64-bit Vista. I have sound but it is the windows drivers and when I try to install the drivers or the drivers suite from the Dell website or sigmatel is say that the device is not present. Anyone have a fix?

Thanks,

Marcos

0 Kudos
rauffrey
Copper

... HDMI port driver which is located in the HDMI folder of your diplay driver folder...

Where is "your display driver folder"? I extracted my driver to the default c:\dell\drivers\R190031 but there is no folder within called "HDMI". Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
jemerson29
Copper

The full path is C:\dell\drivers\R199173\HDMI - just update the driver using the IntcHdmi.inf located there.

Regards,

Joel

0 Kudos
nidapasha
Copper

Thanks a lot Arthur of Camalot - You rock !!! Im outta trouble now.

0 Kudos