Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2012 15:00

BIOS password on Dell Inspiron 1545

Unfortunately I have setted password on BIOS on my laptop. Now few people suggested me your all data will be lost while recovering password. Someone forwarded me following link to recover the password without any data loss on hard disk.

Dells Terms of Use (TOU) ~RK>

Very confused what to do ...... Any right suggestion will be highly appreciated as I have very important data in this laptop.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 16th, 2012 15:00

If it's a BIOS password, call Dell, verify your ownership of the system and they'll generate a master password you can use to unlock the system.  Unless the system is under warranty, a standard support call charge will apply.

The BIOS password won't affect the hard drive (note that a hard drive password is entirely another matter).

3.3K Posts

June 19th, 2012 15:00

Hi Adeelg,

Welcome to Dell community forum.

Kindly let me know the error message when you try to type in the password in BIOS. Data would remain safe on the hard drive as the issue is with the bios password.

Warranty status:

www.dell.com/.../Index

If you have active warranty, you can contact me directly by clicking on my user name, add me as your friend, and send me the system service tag, phone # with address

3 Posts

June 21st, 2012 14:00

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually the password screen just appear when I start my laptop. Now I need to break that password, any idea ?

3.3K Posts

June 22nd, 2012 12:00

Hi Adeelg ,

Thank you for your response.

Kindly type the password thrice and let me know the complete error message which appears on the screen. To generate master password we need the complete error message .If the master password would not work we might need to replace  motherboard.

Warranty status:

www.dell.com/.../Index

If you have active warranty, you can contact me directly by clicking on my user name, add me as your friend, and send me the system service tag, phone # with address

Waiting to hear from you.

3 Posts

June 23rd, 2012 16:00

HI Rajesh,

Thanks for our reply.

After inputting password three times, laptop turns off automatically without showing any kind of error message.

The Laptop warranty has been expired since 2010.

Adeel

3.3K Posts

June 27th, 2012 16:00

Hi Adeelg ,

Thank you for your response.

I regret for delay in response.

I recommend you to remove the battery and disconnect the adapter, press and hold the power button for few seconds and release to drain the flea power .Now put back the battery and connect the adapter and power on the computer. Once you get a BIOS password screen, look for anything that is displayed at the bottom half of the screen. You can contact me directly by clicking on my user name, add me as your friend and provide me the information and I will help you get the BIOS password. If that does not work, the motherboard needs to be replaced.

Since this computer is out of warranty, you would have to contact our out of warranty department to purchase the motherboard 18002884410.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 28th, 2012 00:00

Adeel,

Since it was mentioned by Rajesh that your system is out of warranty, if you contact Dell Tech Support and show proof of ownership, Dell will help to reset the password for a fee.

Rick

1 Message

August 24th, 2012 19:00

plzzzzzzzzzzz i have a dell inspiron 1545 i buy it from kuwait ,and now i live in tunisia , i forget my bios password and here in tunisia we dont have a dell home to repair it ... please HELP ME and thnx

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 24th, 2012 19:00

You need to call Dell in the country of purchase and verify ownership of the system.

2 Posts

October 24th, 2012 06:00

SERVICE TAG :

2 Posts

October 24th, 2012 07:00

January 17th, 2013 03:00

Hi. Four years ago I bought an inspiron 1525  and now I can't  use the device cause I have to enter a bios password I don't know. Because the warranty is out, I have to pay for it? Why nobody told me about this before I had payed the money? What should I do now? I'm very dissapointed...

January 21st, 2013 10:00

Never mind...I found it from the wise guys. Shame Dell.

No Events found!