Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 23rd, 2017 03:00

BSOD 0x0000007E iAStorA.sys upon waking from extended sleep (more than 15 minutes) or hibernation

I get a BSOD code 0x0000007E iAStorA.sys, every time I try to wake my PC from extended sleep (more than 15 minutes) or hibernation.

I'm running a (relatively) fresh installation of Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on my Dell Inspiron 15R SE. I'm not running it on the factory installed HDD, as that was beginning to fail and I replaced it with a HDD of similar specifications. W7 was installed from a Dell installation disc that I bought direct from Dell.

I have installed all updates available (including the ones released a few weeks ago), and all drivers except a few (more on that later) from the drivers and software DVD that came with my Dell. I updated them through the support page a while later.

I have done a bit of Googling and I gather that the code indicates a driver error. If it's relevant, I had trouble installing the communications drivers (DW1703 802.11b.g.n and DW1704 802.11b/g/n in particular) that came on the DVD - I could extract the files just fine, but InstallShield did not show up after that. I tried multiple times and to no avail.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

November 23rd, 2017 06:00

iaStorA is Intel Rapid Storage. You might try installing the latest version directly from Intel, which is 15.8 as of this writing. Just Google “Download Intel Rapid Storage”. If you know how to update drivers manually, grab the F6 Floppy version on the download page, otherwise get SetupRST.exe.

2 Posts

November 24th, 2017 03:00

Thanks jphugan! I downloaded the latest version directly, and no trouble waking up from sleep or hibernation now.

No Events found!