Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2013 07:00

Battery could not be identified.

hey.
3 days ago before i went to bed i was on my laptop everything was grate an remember my battery was about 60% i simply had my laptop (inspiron 5521 15R) shut down normally. Next day tried to turn it on, it didn't until i plunged in the  AC adapter. and massage showed telling my battery could not be identified and for 2 days my laptop became a desktop as i cant remove it form the AC adapter X)
what might be wrong, and is there anyway i can fix this or its a dead end and ill have to buy a new battery?!
by the way i bought this laptop only about 2 months ago. 

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

May 28th, 2013 08:00

Hi Bakir wak,

Updating the BIOS will also help in fixing this kind of issue. Download the latest version of BIOS using the following link: http://dell.to/17F08dH

Follow the below mentioned steps to update the BIOS:

1. Click the above link, enter the service tag of the system, and select Drivers and Downloads tab.
  2. Select the operating system from the dropdown and download the latest version of BIOS listed under BIOS category.
  3. Ensure to connect the AC Adapter to the computer.
  4. Close all the open programs and make sure to save all the data in the computer.
  5. Run the previously downloaded BIOS setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to update the BIOS.
  6. Restart the computer when prompted.

Please post the results.

May 28th, 2013 10:00

one problem! it needs the battery to be at least 10% and its 0% and ofcourse not charging x)

what now?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

May 28th, 2013 11:00

Hi Bakir wak,

This situation requires more research, for me to also understand the system specifications, please private message the system service tag, contact number and registered owner’s name.

To private message, click on my user name and click start conversation. 

Awaiting your response!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

May 29th, 2013 05:00

Hi Bakir Al khateeb,

Here are few things to try:

1. Reseat the battery and check if it is detected. Check if the battery works in another laptop.
  2. Clean the battery contacts if you’re comfortable with it. Also check if the battery contacts on the motherboard are fine.
  3. Try another battery. If this battery works, then you know for sure that the other battery is faulty.
  4. If the different battery is not working fine, then the problem is with the motherboard.

If the computer is under warranty, I would be glad to arrange a service on the computer. Please message me the Service tag, registered owner’s name and address.

Check warranty status: http://dell.to/13VPd97

In case of expired warranty scenario, we would not be able to extend warranty entitled services.

If the warranty on the computer has expired, below link would help you in contacting expired warranty services (this is for US based customers): http://dell.to/VPYT4T

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!