Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 14th, 2012 05:00

Best place to buy a new battery??

Hi!

We have a Dell Inspiron 1525. We have been getting a message that indicates that our battery is nearing the end of its usable life.  I was wondering if anyone can recommend the best place to buy a new battery? Of course I'd like to save some money, but I also want the thing to work.  I have checked on Amazon.com (as per recommendations from a couple of friends), but naturally some of the reviews are not good.  I would appreciate any advice on this matter!

Thanks so much for your time and help!

51 Posts

I'm sorry - I also meant to ask about something else.  The computer has been freezing for several seconds at a time quite a bit lately.  Any suggestions as to what might be causing this??  We usually have it plugged in while using it, but could this still have something to do with the battery??  Thanks again for your help!

Hi,

Most probably, the battery need to be replaced, however I would suggest you to try these steps before coming to a conclusion:

1. Remove the power cable and the battery. Hold the power button down for 15-20 seconds and then put the battery and the adapter back in and start the computer. Check if it works.

2. Please check the jack on the AC Adapter for any damage.

Have you tried with a good known AC Adapter?

3. Look for a green light on the A/C adapter or a blue light on the connector that connects to the computer after you plug it on to the system.

If the issue persists, reboot the computer and the moment and start tapping the F2 key to boot the computer to BIOS where you would be able to find AC Adapter Type under : Main Menu”., Let me know the status (None, Unknown or Shows the power).

Press F9 to reset the BIOS to factory default. You can also refer to the link for AC Adapter and Battery issue: http://dell.to/Jz6rUA

You can refer the Dell Article 266440 on https://support.dell.com/

Thanks & Regards
Vishal S
#iworkfordell

5.2K Posts

November 14th, 2012 06:00

You can get  low cost batteries from Amazon or eBay that work OK. Check the reviews on Amazon for quality issues. I have purchased several (latest $20 from Amazon) which actually were better than the Dell original batteries.

Freezing periodically is usually due to some background program. Monitor CPU performance using the Task Manager to look for suspicious programs.

51 Posts

November 14th, 2012 10:00

Thanks so much for the info.  Can you tell me how to find the Task Manager on my computer?  (I am pretty technologically challenged, unfortunately!) Thanks again for your help!  :)

2.4K Posts

November 15th, 2012 12:00

If you click your mouse's right button while holding the pointer arrow over the blue strip (bar) at bottom of screen you will see the option "Start Task Manager". Click on it. Alternative method is to select, AND hold each down, in that sequence, the Control\Shift\Escape buttons.

No Events found!