Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2016 11:00

Black screen on Inspiron 1521

Hi!
On my inspiron 1521, when the power is on only a black screen (do not even get to the BIOS), the fan is operating but none of the signaling LED lamps do not light up. I've tried removing the WLAN Card, CMOS battery, RAM. Unless you remove both RAM, flash me right and medium-sized LED flashlight, while left off.
Please advise what could be wrong?

P.S. This occurred after I did pasword recovery in the User Account, then I could do some work with the admin account, and since then it happens.

OS is Windows Vista.

Best regards

Joze

July 27th, 2016 19:00

Hi JOSEF1354

Thanks for writing to us. 

Once the machine powers on, does the caps and num lock respond when toggled? 

Please try an external monitor and observe for any display. 

Also shut down the system, now hold the letter D and power on the machine, after 4 secs let go the letter D , this should initiate LCD test with flashing colors.  

When you removed the memory modules and power up the machine, did the machine beep indicating no memory??

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

Regards

4 Posts

July 28th, 2016 06:00

Hi!

Once the machine powers on, does the caps and num lock respond when toggled?

- No, numeric and caps lock does not respond.

Please try an external monitor and observe for any display.

- Do not operate any monitor.

Also shut down the system, now hold the letter D and power on the machine, after 4 secs let go the letter D , this should initiate LCD test with flashing colors. 

- Test done right. Monitor flashes alternating in color.

When you removed the memory modules and power up the machine, did the machine beep indicating no memory??

- When he removed the RAM, the Num Lock ON, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock will flash.
The screen is still black.

Regards

Joze

July 28th, 2016 19:00

Hi Nice to hear from you.
Looks to be an issue with the motherboard. The screen test passed, so we need not suspect LCD.
Also did you mean , you tried an external monitor but there was no display??

July 29th, 2016 20:00

Hi we are awaiting your response.

No Events found!