Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 13th, 2010 08:00

Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver

Hi :)

I'm using Vostro 1510 Laptop. Whenever I boot my pc, it says new hardware found and ask me to install Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver software. I tried with drive cd which i got along with the laptop. But its not working. Every time booting the pc, it will ask me to install the drive software. In the device manager, it shows Others>Bluetooth Peripheral Device and says This device is not configured correctly.

Have any Idea to rectify this problem?

Thanks for your time.

1 Message

July 1st, 2010 14:00

Hi

I have this problem : "I'm using Vostro 1510 Laptop. Whenever I boot my pc, it says new hardware found and ask me to install Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver software. I tried with drive cd which i got along with the laptop. But its not working. Every time booting the pc, it will ask me to install the drive software. In the device manager, it shows Others>Bluetooth Peripheral Device and says This device is not configured correctly. "

It's a disaster  : (

my device is not working properly, and i believe this service is necessary.

please help me .

thanks

7- 2 - 2010

5 Posts

November 15th, 2011 12:00

Hello,

I really hope someone out there is listening and can help with this problem, similar to above.

I've been trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy s2 to no avail. One of the drivers required won't update/install...being the Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver. The Bluetooth radio works fine, but this one under "Other Devices" won't install.

I'm running a Dell XPS17 with Windows 7 64bit and this is driving me mad.

ANY help appreciated.

Simon

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 15th, 2011 13:00

Did you install the required communication driver from Samsung (or your service provider)?

5 Posts

November 23rd, 2011 14:00

I tried using the USB connection first through Kies with no success.

In Kies under Tools, there is an option to connect using Bluetooth. However there's a warning now appearing stating, "Warning Android platform products do not support connection via Bluetooth"

So whether I use Kies or not, when I try to connect the phone to my laptop via Bluetooth, it won't show up on the laptop Bluetooth Devices.

5 Posts

I downloaded the latest version of Kies software. When connecting the phone says it is connected, while the software just hangs on 'connecting'. Next step was to  and when this didn't connect, I reinstalled the device driver from within Kies...still no improvement.

Thanks

4.4K Posts

I downloaded the latest version of Kies software. When connecting the phone says it is connected, while the software just hangs on 'connecting'. Next step was to  and when this didn't connect, I reinstalled the device driver from within Kies...still no improvement.

Thanks

I'm a little confused.  The Kies software is to connect your phone directly to the computer through a USB connection.  It is directly connected to the computer.

Your original post is about connecting to your phone through the bluetooth network.  The Kies software will not help the bluetooth connection.

Or maybe I totally missed the point.

4.4K Posts

November 23rd, 2011 16:00

I don't use Bluetooth to connect my phone to my PC.  But have used Kies.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and for me to connect and in order to connect to Kies, I had to make sure that I used the switched the Home App back to the Launcher app that came with the phone.  I use LauncherPro.  So when I want to connect the phone via USB, I have to set the default launcher program to the one that came with the phone - TwLauncher - and then reboot.

Only then can I connect the phone to my computer via USB.

Just a thought.

December 10th, 2011 13:00

I also have a similar problem with a Dell XPS 15z bought this summer. Whenever I go to my Dell Support Centre (software) it tells me the driver for the Bluetooth Peripheral Device is not installed and whenever I attempt to fix this problem it says that windows cannot find driver software for my device.

I use bluetooth to connect to my phone (Nokia) and other pcs so would be grateful if you could assist. I am not sure that I understand the resolution you have proposed here. Can you clarify?

1 Message

July 12th, 2015 02:00

Hi All

This is a comment related to the general functioning of Bluetooth on a Dell computer.

I have spent a few hours trying to get my Bluetooth to work, specifically to transfer pictures or pdf files from my 5520 laptop to my Sony Experia, or vice versa.

After trying numerous driver downloads, and endless frustration I downloaded the following, restarted, and now my Bluetooth is working!

Network_Application_JNMX9_WN_2.6.1211.0294_A04

No Events found!