Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

4 Posts

April 25th, 2008 05:00

Bluetooth Works - Doesn't Work - Wprks On 1720

I have owned a Inspiron 1720 for several months now, and have had a problem with using Bluetooth mice ever since I received the Laptop.  The problem – Sometimes the computer boots and the Bluetooth mouse works – Othertimes the computer boots and the Bluetooth mouse does not work.  In all cases when the computer boots and the Bluetooth mouse does not work, a reboot without doing anything else gets the Bluetooth mouse to work.

I am running Vista Home, and have changed out the Bluetooth radio in my Inspiron with no change in the situation.  I have use two different Microsoft Bluetooth mice, and they both exhibited the same problem condition.  I am running the latest Dell 355 Bluetooth Driver dated 6/19/2007.

In Control Panes – Device Manager – Dell 355 Moduled, I have UNCHECKED Allow Computer to Turnoff Device.

OK all you experts.  What could be going on?

Thanks

2 Posts

April 25th, 2008 20:00

Hey,

Disconnect the Wireless Bluetooth Mouse. Before you connect the Bluetooth Wireless Mouse to the Computer. I would suggest you to go into Control Panel, Open Mouse Icon. In the Mouse option, click on Touch Pad Option. Else, if you have Touch Pad Icon on you right bottom corner of your taskbar. Open it up. Go through the Touch Pad Programs, you have an option to disable the Touch pad when you connect an external Pointing Devices. Please check this option. Apply this option. Later, restart your computer. Later you can connect back the Wireless Mouse and check if that helps.

Do let me know if  that doesn't help

Also check with the below Microsoft Web link for Help.,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811797

Regards,

Deipakk.

Message Edited by Deipakk on 04-25-2008 05:08 PM
No Events found!