Bluetooth not working on my new Inspiron 15 3521. System config - Windows 7 64bit.
I have updated driver from Dell support but still having same proble. It goes in searching mode and nothing further. Unable to detect the laptop from bluetooth device (phone). Can anyone help?
Solved! Go to Solution.
To provide a resolution to this issue, we need additional information:
1. Have you tried to connect any other Bluetooth devices to the laptop?
2. Please check for devices listed with a Yellow bang in Device Manager:
3. Any error message received after search:
Please reply to this post with your findings.
1. Have you tried to connect any other Bluetooth devices to the laptop? - The bluetooth goes in search process but none of devices found.
2. Please check for devices listed with a Yellow bang in Device Manager: - No.
3. Any error message received after search: - No.....Jst searching window.
I have checked another laptop with same config at computer shop....having the same issue.
Is there any registry issue?
Thank you for providing the requested information. Please send the system Service Tag (along with the name on the account) and contact details (Phone, E-mail and Shipping Address), so that we can check the details and provide the options available. To send a Private Message, click on my name in Blue and click "Start Conversation".
Nice to see your reply...
Hi Jai Singh Rawat,
Please ensure that the Bluetooth is enabled and powered on. You may press 'Fn' + 'F2' key on keyboard to toggle Bluetooth. You may also press 'Windows' + 'X' to bring the Windows Mobility Center and check if the Bluetooth is on or off. Also, you might need to make laptop discoverable under Bluetooth settings, so that other devices may find the laptop. You may refer to the link : http://bit.ly/12LOdt8
If the issue persists, please reply with the operating system installed on your computer and a screenshot of Device Manager with 'Network adapter' category expanded.
Hope this helps. Please reply with the findings.