Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 18th, 2013 00:00

Bluetooth not working for Inspiron 15 3521

Bluetooth not working on my new Inspiron 15 3521. System config - Windows 7 64bit.

I have updated driver from Dell support but still having same proble. It goes in searching mode and nothing further. Unable to detect the laptop from bluetooth device (phone). Can anyone help?

2 Posts

March 22nd, 2015 11:00

hi,

i am having the same device too, i.e. inspiron 15 3521. Windows 8.1  64bit.

After the windows update the bluetooth stopped working and updating the drivers were not helpful. It gave the error : Activate Bluetooth using wireless switch. For a year or so, i forget that Bluetooth even existed in my device. Watching the pathetic replies for Dell personnels here, in this forum, was not expected. 

So so many people are facing this problem. I assume only 10% of whom posted in this forum. Dell has not taken this issue seriously.

Well, now that i found the SOLUTION. Bluetooth works like a charm now.

PROCESS:

1. check the bluetooth hardware version (1703 or 1704 or 1705) on your device. Two ways to check it:

a. Press 'ctrl+x'. From the menu displayed select 'Device Manager'. Click on 'Bluetooth'. The menu will drop-down. The bluetooth hardware name will now be displayed. For eg, 'Dell Wireless 1705 Bluetooth'. Now you know the bluetooth is '1705'.

b. Visit Dell Product Support website. Enter your 'Service Tag'. Select 'system configuration'. Select 'Components' drop-down. Search for bluetooth. Note down the bluetooth hardware version. (Note: press 'ctrl+f' you cannot locate anything on webpage.

2. Visit dell product support.

3. Enter 'service tag' or select your laptop model.

4. Go to 'drivers and downloads'

5. Select 'Network' Drop-down.

6. What you need is 'wireless and bluetooth driver'. There are two drivers available for it. Since you know your Bluetooth Hardware Version (1703/ 1704/ 1705), select the selection. (Note: those who are having (bluetooth 1704 there are two drivers available, if one doesn't work try another. For that, click drop-down 'Other Versions Available', under the head 'Dell Wireless 1704 WiFi + Bluetooth Driver'

7. Download the appropriate driver. 

8. Install it.

9. Make Peace.

2 Posts

May 26th, 2015 15:00

Dear  Pinket25,

Since I rarely use the Bluetooth feature on my Dell Inspiron Laptop, I hadn't even realized that it had stopped working.  I followed your instructions thoroughly and the issue with the driver was completely resolved within about 30 min.

I wanted to simply thank you for taking the time to share this with the forum because it actually worked and 3 yr. old Dell Laptop is now completely functioning properly.  I appreciate you and yes I've made peace with it. 

Sincerely,

Mr. Lex

Miami, FL

5/26/15

1.8K Posts

March 18th, 2013 01:00

Hi Swapnildeo,

To provide a resolution to this issue, we need additional information:

1. Have you tried to connect any other Bluetooth devices to the laptop?
2. Please check for devices listed with a Yellow bang in Device Manager:
3. Any error message received after search:

Please reply to this post with your findings.

13 Posts

March 18th, 2013 02:00

1. Have you tried to connect any other Bluetooth devices to the laptop? - The bluetooth goes in search process but none of devices found.

2. Please check for devices listed with a Yellow bang in Device Manager: - No.

3. Any error message received after search: - No.....Jst searching window.

I have checked another laptop with same config at computer shop....having the same issue.

Is there any registry issue?

1.8K Posts

March 20th, 2013 09:00

Hi Swapnildeo,

Thank you for providing the requested information. Please send the system Service Tag (along with the name on the account) and contact details (Phone, E-mail and Shipping Address), so that we can check the details and provide the options available. To send a Private Message, click on my name in Blue and click "Start Conversation".

13 Posts

March 20th, 2013 10:00

Hi,

Nice to see your reply...

Service tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Express service code <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>

Thanks,

Regards,

Swapnil Deorukhakar

E-mail - <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

<ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

1 Message

March 21st, 2013 03:00

sir i also have same problem of blutooth;- my details are:- service tag- Service tag removed per privacy policy> contact details-( Phone number removed per privacy policy> , Email id removed per privacy policy>

13 Posts

March 28th, 2013 22:00

Is windows SP required to run Bluetooth ?

April 15th, 2013 05:00

Dear sir

My Dell dell 3521 bluetooth not working.i have allrady All Driver Installed.But Devise Not Sarching laptop.

April 15th, 2013 06:00

Hi Jai Singh Rawat,

Please ensure that the Bluetooth is enabled and powered on. You may press 'Fn' + 'F2' key on keyboard to toggle Bluetooth. You may also press 'Windows' + 'X' to bring the Windows Mobility Center and check if the Bluetooth is on or off. Also, you might need to make laptop discoverable under Bluetooth settings, so that other devices may find the laptop. You may refer to the link : http://bit.ly/12LOdt8 

If the issue persists, please reply with the operating system installed on your computer and a screenshot of Device Manager with 'Network adapter' category expanded.

Hope this helps. Please reply with the findings.

1 Message

April 24th, 2013 08:00

hello ..I am still not able to use blutooth function ,i can see it on my computer and i did all mentioned above but still not finding any devices by searching.

April 25th, 2013 01:00

Hi rajith100100,

For Bluetooth issue, please ensure that the device you are trying to connect to computer is discoverable in Bluetooth settings i.e. both computer and the other device should be discoverable in settings.

It appears that a few drivers are missing from your system. You may refer to the article Here for correct order of installing drivers. You may download the drivers from Here -> Enter the service tag of your system ->  Select the operating system -> Install/update the required drivers

Hope this helps. Please reply with the findings.

1 Message

May 1st, 2013 19:00

i have th same problem.. i tried theses solutions but still not working the window appear and nothing occur.

please help me.

thanks 

13 Posts

May 1st, 2013 21:00

It seems out there many 3521 users facing issue with bluetooth connectivity..........! Dell, Please take corrective actions.....!

1 Message

May 24th, 2013 13:00

Hi Dell, just bought a laptop today.. Bluetooth isnt working....  Keeps searching devices... I tried to install new Driver.... But setup didnt complete successfully.... Got the following error during installation...

but my bluetooth is switched on... i can see it from

Please help! need it badly..... :(

No Events found!