Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 2nd, 2012 02:00

Bluetooth on Skype poor quality

Dell E6420 with Win7 SP1 62bit
Intel i7 
Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth Module (Broadcom Corp driver v. 6.5.1.2600 from 3/16/2012)
Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator (MS driver v. 6.1.7601.17607 from 2006-06-21)
Bluetooth Remote Control (Broadcom driver v. 6.3.0.6450 from 2010-09-10)
IDT High Def Audio codec (IDT driver v. 6.10.0.6324)

bluetooth hands-free (6.3.0.7650 21/01/2011):

All drivers up-to-date according to Intel/MS/Dell

Skype 5.3.32.111 sound quality poor when I am running songs through media player its working fine.
Please help what should I do....

Regards,
Anuj Garg   

10 Posts

May 2nd, 2012 03:00

Hi Roshan,

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I have tried with Google Talk also it's also has a poor quality of sound.

Regards,

Anuj Garg

4.4K Posts

May 2nd, 2012 03:00

Hi Anuj,

Welcome to the Community,

Have you tried any other chat application ( Yahoo voice chat or any other application)? If not, you can try other voice chat application and check the sound quality.

To further check let me know how it works with other voice chat applications.

Thank You,

Roshan

10 Posts

May 2nd, 2012 10:00

I checked with sound recorder it is same poor sound quality.that means if application only input then it is working fine but if the application both input and output then it has issue with sound quality

4.4K Posts

May 3rd, 2012 08:00

Hi Anuj,

To confirm if its only with the Bluetooth headphone,can you try using a normal headphone  and check?

Also how is the sound quality through the inbuilt speaker ?

Thank You

Roshan

10 Posts

May 3rd, 2012 13:00

Hi Roshan,

Normal headphone and inbuilt speaker both are working fine. But I have checked bluetooth with other Dell Laptop, it is working fine.

Regards,

Anuj

4.4K Posts

May 4th, 2012 07:00

Hi Anuj,

As long as the sound from the speakers  and headphone is fine that confirms the audio card is good.Earlier you have confirmed that bluetooth card driver has been updated too.

Bluetooth card as hardware cannot be considered faulty as it lets you connect your Bluetooth headset.Only thing i could suggest is try uninstalling the bluetooth driver from device manager completely  and reboot the system,after reboot download and reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

Let me know if this makes a difference.

10 Posts

May 4th, 2012 12:00

Hi Roshan,

I have already checked uninstalling and reinstalling of bluetooth driver. I checked with my collegue Dell laptop in his laptop is a bluetooth driver with AMP. I just want to know there is difference between (with AMP) or normal driver. If yes suggest me how can I download with AMP driver.

and one more thing where are you from Roshan.

Regards,

Anuj Garg

4.4K Posts

May 8th, 2012 03:00

Hi Anuj,

Sorry about the delay in response.The only available updated Bluetooth driver from Dell for your system model  is in the link below:

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

If its an issue with the driver reinstalling the above driver should fix the problem.AMP is just a feature which relates to data transfer rate.It does not affect the sound quality.I am from India.

Thank You,

Roshan

10 Posts

May 9th, 2012 06:00

Hi Roshan,

I have tried but when I am uninstalling that driver which is already installed in the laptop and restarting laptop again system pick the old driver automatically. What should I do please tell me, I purchased bluetooth only for talking in skype with my family.

Regards,

Anuj Garg

4.4K Posts

May 9th, 2012 08:00

Hi Anuj,

If that's what is happening,after uninstalling the driver don't reboot  the system. Install the driver which you've downloaded without restarting the system and see if that works.

Though you've confirmed the same bluetooth headset works on another system,if you can get hold of another bluetooth headset try that on your system and see how that works.

Thank You

Roshan

10 Posts

May 9th, 2012 11:00

Hi Roshan,

I have already tried another bluetooth but no luck. For driver installation when I am uninstalling and try for installing new driver it gave me alert "A later version of WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software is already installed on this machine. The setup can not continue.".

Regards,

Anuj Garg

4.4K Posts

May 10th, 2012 03:00

When you uninstall the driver after you click uninstall does it give you an option to put a check mark on box,which ideally says Delete this driver software completely ? After uninstalling from Device manager have you checked under Programs list in Control panel if there is any application installed for bluetooth?

Check what happens when you right click on Bluetooth on device manager and click Update Driver Software.

10 Posts

May 10th, 2012 04:00

I have tried but no luck :(

4.4K Posts

May 10th, 2012 09:00

Sorry that nothing has worked.Please accept my friend request and Click on my user name,click start conversation and private message me your system service tag number.

I will check your system details and see if we can try anything more.

Thank You

Roshan

10 Posts

May 16th, 2012 10:00

Hi Roshan,

Dell guy has changed the bluetooth but did not work. He told me that your bluetooth having issue then I gave 3 bluetooth but did not work anyone. He told me please raise a call again in dell centre. Please tell me what should I do now?

I think this model having hardware issue or driver is not complatible with that. I have same configuration laptop is the office with this is not working same like my laptop.

Regards,

Anuj

No Events found!