Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

October 11th, 2008 08:00

Can I tell if my graphics card (GeForce Go 7950GTX) is stuffed?

Ok, I have an XPS M1710, running windows vista, with a GeForce Go 7950GTX graphics card and the other day the screen just went black when I tried to open an mp3. From there on restart I get, only what I can call glitches on my screen, I get the Dell screen, the Microsoft screen the the dreaded Blue Screen of Death. I have since then attempted to update my video drivers and have installed nVidia's 175.32 but to no avail...

Is my graphics card stuffed???

Thanks

984 Posts

October 11th, 2008 08:00

Run Dell Diagnostics as follows:

Press and hold the key while powering the computer on.

The computer runs the Pre-boot System Assessment, a series of initial tests of your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display.

During the assessment, answer any questions that appear.

If a failure is detected, the computer stops and beeps. To stop the assessment and restart the computer, press ; to continue to the next test, press ; to retest the component that failed, press .

If failures are detected during the Pre-boot System Assessment, write down the error code(s).

If the Pre-boot System Assessment completes successfully, you receive the message Booting Dell Diagnostic Utility Partition. Press any key to continue.

Press any key to start the Dell Diagnostics from the diagnostics utility partition on your hard drive.

Select extended test of video.

October 11th, 2008 11:00

Thanks for the help, I ran the tests can came up with an error code of 5300:0119, Something about not being able to read/write to the graphics cards memory. So I guess my memory is stuffed therefore my graphics card is stuffed too???

984 Posts

October 11th, 2008 11:00

Yes you need to replace your Graphics Card.
No Events found!