Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

10 Posts

December 10th, 2008 00:00

Can't find drivers for: "Broadcom USH w/swipe sensor" and "USB Smart Card Reader"

I have Latitude E6400 with Vista Ultimate SP1.

In the device manager these two needs driver becuase they have an exclamation mark on them.

Plz help me to solve this problem

1 Message

October 22nd, 2009 07:00

Hi here,

I have a same problem with Broadcom USH w/ swipe sensor and Dell Wireless 5530 HSPA Mobile Broadband Minicard Device. I cannot found the right driver for my system. I use Microsoft Windows 7 enterprise x64 edition.

Regards,

1 Message

August 2nd, 2011 11:00

Solution - Good Question - Its Actually the Dell Driver - Control Point Security Device Driver Pack.  After you install it or if you install it over and over the Yellow (bang) ! still remains. You need to Double click on the installer, but choose MODIFY.  When you look at the selected features to install you will see the "Finger Print reader" is Un-Checked, you need to put a check in the box and hit Next.  Done!!!

2 Posts

August 19th, 2012 09:00

For my Dell Latitude E6320 with Wondows 7 or 8 64 bit (and I think works the same on the E6420 here are my notes:

To get rid of the Broadcom USH Device Manager error on Dell E6320 you must get the the drivers from the Dell site. You must click on the all files tab on the Dell drivers site and re-select Windows 7 64 Bit because it changes it to 32 bit.

Go to Dell Data Protection drivers section and install:

-DDPA_drivers_a03_R308498.exe (65MB)

installs in directory C:\Dell\Drivers\48C19

-Midware Package DDPA_middleware_A03_R308511.exe (18MB)

installs in directory C:\Dell\Drivers\82K1N

-DDPA-application_A02_R308585.exe (100MB) puts in in 74YRR (NOTE: May not need this one)

installs in directory C:\Dell\Drivers\74YRR

Will also need the FreeFall Sensor driver to get rid of the unknow device error in Device Manager

Go to Application section and install:

-DELL_DELL_DIGITAL-DELIVERY_A06_R318926_ZPE.exe (955KB)

installs in directory C:\Dell\Drivers\T9KGJ

When you are done the Device manager errors should go away and you get a listing in Device manager just under the Bluetooth and Computer sections called:

ControlVault Device and a subsection of Dell ControlVault w/o Fingerprint Sensor

6.4K Posts

December 10th, 2008 12:00

The USH driver, along with all other drivers Dell supplied for the computer, is here:  Drivers for E6400.  You will find the USH driver in the Security menu item.

I'm not sure about the SmartCard reader.  There are at least two or three companies that supply supporting software for these.  Was the SmartCard reader ordered with the E6400?  If so, you should have a CD for it.  If you didn't order it from Dell you won't be able to find the software on the Dell page.

Edit:  Oops!  Should have looked in Applications.  The Dell Control Point drivers are in that heading and should handle the Reader and the USH.  The file in Security is firmware for the USH.

8 Posts

February 24th, 2009 09:00

Sorry but that is not the driver, it is the firmware for the hardware.  If the drivers are not running the device the firmware update sure is not going to work.  Where are the drivers to run the hardware?

6.4K Posts

February 24th, 2009 18:00

I realized that nearly 3 months ago now.  Look in the Applications heading.  The driver and the application manager are located there.  Driver file is #5 in the list.

2 Posts

April 23rd, 2009 11:00

Here is the link for the “BroadCOM USH w/swipe sensor” driver for the new Latitude E6400!!!!

1 Message

February 18th, 2010 13:00

This is getting annoying... I've tried 2 versions of dells drivers on windows XP Pro SP3 (including the one posted above) and this this keeps coming up with an error on install...  A solution would be greatly appreciated.   *head banging against wall*

March 16th, 2010 09:00

This should work for The E6400 and E6500.

support.dell.com

Download Drivers

Make sure you select the correct operating system since it usually defaults to Vista you have to manually select windows XP.

Download "Dell ControlPoint Security Driver Pack A15 R254256 (current versoin as of March 16, 2010)

When running the installer make sure everything is checked. Even though I dont have a fingerprint reader I had to check "fingerprint reader" on the installer to install the driver for "Broadcom USH" in Device manager.

1 Message

June 9th, 2010 16:00

YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE DRIVER control point security device driver pack
//that is under control point if you enter your service tag at support.dell.com, make sure you select all files on top

I have Latitude E6400 with Vista Ultimate SP1.

In the device manager these two needs driver becuase they have an exclamation mark on them.

Plz help me to solve this problem

32 Posts

June 21st, 2010 04:00

YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE DRIVER control point security device driver pack
//that is under control point if you enter your service tag at support.dell.com, make sure you select all files on top

Seeing as the driver is packed into the application, how does one create a Sysprep image for this? I have been going nuts trying to figure out how to do this as we do not want to install the Control Point software for our unified image. Appreciate any advice.

2 Posts

March 7th, 2011 03:00

I have two problem in my E6410 dell laptop.

first one is the broadcom ush w/swipe sensor driver, i have downloaded the driver and the software for the embassy security and dell control point manager and i still can see in my device that the broadcom ush w/swipe sensor driver has a question mark.

I am using Windows XP as operating system, can you please help me.

Shady

4 Posts

March 25th, 2011 13:00

I love how DELL is so involved in ensuring that questions on these Forums are properly answered and responded to in a "reasonable time frame".

The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. Makes DELL seem like L-I-A-R-S !   At the least, they have been irrelevant in the realm of trusted resources.

Download and install the "Dell ControlPoint Security Drivers. The drivers for the "Broadcom USH w/swipe sensor" will be installed ONLY AFTER REBOOTING.

You won't get the drivers installed until after that reboot. I know, it's annoying, but it's a DELL thing.

I suspect DELL Engineers are not making the software here in the homeland anymore, thus the varying range of quality and inconsistency.

1 Message

April 21st, 2012 11:00

help this prblem please

2 Posts

August 19th, 2012 10:00

For my Dell Latitude E6320 with Windows 7 or 8 64 bit (and I think works the same on the E6420 here are my notes:

To get rid of the Broadcom USH Device Manager error on Dell E6320 you must get the the drivers from the Dell site. You must click on the all files tab on the Dell drivers site and re-select Windows 7 64 Bit because it changes it to 32 bit.

Go to Dell Data Protection drivers section and install:

-DDPA_drivers_a03_R308498.exe (65MB)

installs in directory C:\Dell\Drivers\48C19

-Midware Package DDPA_middleware_A03_R308511.exe (18MB)

installs in directory C:\Dell\Drivers\82K1N

-DDPA-application_A02_R308585.exe (100MB) puts in in 74YRR (NOTE: May not need this one)

installs in directory C:\Dell\Drivers\74YRR

Will also need the FreeFall Sensor driver to get rid of the unknow device error in Device Manager

Go to Application section and install:

-DELL_DELL_DIGITAL-DELIVERY_A06_R318926_ZPE.exe (955KB)

installs in directory C:\Dell\Drivers\T9KGJ

When you are done the Device manager errors should go away and you get a listing in Device manager just under the Bluetooth and Computer sections called:

ControlVault Device and a subsection of Dell ControlVault w/o Fingerprint Sensor

No Events found!