Highlighted
tbdonne
Copper

Can't get drivers to download

Jump to solution

I select the driver, I tell it to download now, the system downloads "delldriverdownloadmanager.application", I click on that and it starts and then tells me that "there are no files to download". I'm sure that I am doing something wrong but can't figure out what it is. Has anyone got a hint? Where do I go for support of this function.

Thanks for any guidance.

0 Kudos
29 Replies

Re: Can't get drivers to download

Jump to solution

Give this a whirl.

Navigate to the downloads list and instead of clicking Download Now, click the name of the file, On the next screen use that download button, it pulls from a different link, I tested it in Firefox and Chrome both times gave me the option to use the download Manager or the Browser, I selected the browser and then chose to save the file.   I wish yah luck, I've noticed the downloads page has issues intermittenly

Let me be very, very clear. You do NOT want to click Here.  

0 Kudos
del_garcon
Bronze

Jump to solution

- oops  - posted twice

0 Kudos
del_garcon
Bronze

Jump to solution

I've had the same problem, but FIXED it - eventually!! !

In my case it was all about having the current version of the MS .NET Framework software.
it was not a quick solution either, since I first had to check what I did have via "add/remove programs" then compare with the release sequence from MS.
In some cases, eg 3.5 it included upgrades to versions 2 or 3, but then there were other patches to be added too, after running the upgrade!

SO I removed upgrades from my PC that were 'out of sequence'  using add/remove software, then ran the MS upgrades in sequence, n it WORKED - Yessss!
Worked very well once I had resolved this.
BTW, I'm using Firefox (tho' NOT for thr MS updates, have to use IE for that!!) so there was a further FF patch too.

So you need to carefully compare .NET release on your PC with the order MS have them, READ the notes carefully, - I know they are boring (clearly written by an insomniac trying to send himself to sleep!) but it resolved hours of trying to run the downloads, n wondering why, oh why won't this run .... gggrrrr

One other thing, I found the other suggested fix replied to on this thread didn't work, which then made me look elsewhere.

Hope this helps someone :-D

Blessings
Vince

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Having same problem.  Could not get drivers for laptop.  Walked customer through buying a new HP laptop.  Threw the Dell in the trash.  Congratulations Dell, you have lost another customer.

0 Kudos
wayra
Copper

Jump to solution

SAME HERE......THESE POEPLE ARE SO BAD.....ISNTEAD OF MAKING US LIFE EASIER.....THIS IS HARDER....

WE CANNOT EVEN FIND THE DOWNLOAD MANAGER SO WE ARE STUCK NOT BEING ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE NEEDED DRIVERS BECUASE THAT STUPID DONWLOAD MANAGER THERE NO WAY TO FIND IT

I WILL NEVER BUY A DELL EVER

BYE

0 Kudos
ejn63
Diamond

Jump to solution

The download manager isn't one of Dell's better ideas.  Clear the browser cache, go back in and  choose "download using my browser" and you won't need it.

As for those who recommend HP to their customers - well, do a bit of research.  That advice will cost YOU money and customers in the long run.  If you think Dell is bad - you haven't dealt with HP.  They're easily the hands-down worst in the industry at service and support.

0 Kudos
stlcraft
Silver

Jump to solution

This has just made my 180 dollar bluetooth headphones useless! I'm so sick of Dell doing this to customers. What is so wrong with downloading the drivers for my laptop? Download manager is useless. Thanks Dell hell!

0 Kudos
BTR78
Copper

Jump to solution

Having all the same problems, finally got the Download Manager to 'work';.  Once it did, I selected the package, and it states the package is empty?  Next I used the browser download.  It fails acts like it will download and just cycles with zero progresss, like there is no file to download.

The must frustrating part is that you can't see to tell Dell there system is broke without them charging you.... 

0 Kudos
songswelove
Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you for your suggestion. For the people who do not know how to compare the release sequences from MS. Would it be ok just to remove them all and download them back again from MS? I haven't tried it out yet. Just want to make sure that it is ok to do so. Also, is your solution better than clearing the Browser Cache method?  Dell Driver Download manager never worked for me and I never remember to search a solution until now.  I had to agree with some disappointed users that Dell did not respond with a better solution to its users and that would loose them customers.  I will not want to buy another dell again unless I know they plan to change.  Thank you very much.

0 Kudos