Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

January 13th, 2010 03:00

Can we get Fast Access again after a computer is formatted?

I had to format my Dell Studio XPS 1340 laptop as it had a 450 GB OS drive and a 15 GB Recovery drive. I bought the laptop 3 months ago. I was expecting these softwares to be present in the CD's given along with the laptop. Now that i formatted my laptop, Fast Access and some softwares are gone. They are not present in the given CD's. Some other softwares include Dell Webcam Central, Roxio, Adobe softwares etc.. Though i was able to get some softwares, I couldn't get Fast Access. Is there any way through which i can get these softwares back?

211 Posts

January 13th, 2010 07:00

At least with regard to FastAccess, you can indeed get it back. I know that a replacement installation CD was not included with some laptops. Dell is very willing, however, to provide one to you upon request. Just call Dell tech support and request one. Even if the version that they send to you is out of date, you should still be able to install it and then go to the Windows Menu > All Programs > FastAccess facial recognition > "Check for updates".

If you are in the US or Canada, Dell may also be able to authorize a download for you instead of shipping the CD.

Let me know how it goes.

No Events found!