Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 21st, 2013 15:00

Cleaning dust and fluff from inside of my Inspiron 1525 Laptop

I have an Inspiron 1525 it’s in its fifth year. My cooling fan works fine. But the underside of my laptop gets pretty warm, due to the fan sucking in dust and fluff over a period preventing the proper cooling of my Laptop by blocking the fan vent . Its a design fault. Which causes it to shut down periodically as it overheats because the vent is partially blocked.

I bought a can with pressurized air thinking I could blow it out but it didn't work. I want to take it apart myself but need some instructions can someone help me.:emotion-1: 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 21st, 2013 15:00

First try pulling the dust through the vent at the bottom of the system using a shop-vac (or other strong vacuum).  Remove the battery and unplug the system first.

All the pressurized air will do is force the dust deeper inside the unit.

If you must disassemble the unit, the service manual is here:

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-1525

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

April 21st, 2013 17:00

See page 448 of this document: http://philipyip.wordpress.com/dell-community-forums/

As mentioned use the vacuum cleaner and compressed air together.

First vacuum and then use the compressed air to dislodge the dust, then vacuum again. Repeat until satisfied.

Also I would suggest looking at a laptop USB cooling pad once the vents are cleared, also mentioned in this document.

No Events found!