Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

G

3 Posts

August 23rd, 2007 03:00

D610 and Projector - Interference

Has anyone else seen this?  I have several D610's that when connected to a projector seem to show signs of interference, it is far worse and unusuable when the power supply is plugged in.  Incidentally this is right next door to the vga port. It is also made worse by any use of the touchpad and double clicks etc.

I also have other D610's which work ok.  Only difference is a slightly later build and it had a later version of the graphics card, ATI Radeon 300, I upgraded this but it made no difference.  The VGA cable is shielded.

Screen resolution of 800x600 and 32bit is fine, but anything else causes the issue.  The projector is fine with lots of other laptops at 1024.

Thoughts please

3 Posts

August 24th, 2007 00:00

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I have updated the graphics card drivers, I was hoping not to have to flash the BIOS but I may give that a go.  Results are best when just projected, there could be some sort of synching issue, in 1024 with the image on the laptop and projector the projector displays the users background but on the laptop are the foreground applications.  Bit of a pain this, the D620's don't have this problem, were gradually moving across to HP and they don't have the problem so I doubt we will buy a new projector.

127 Posts

August 24th, 2007 00:00

I've seen this too in my work place and we have many different brands of projectors here (Sony, InFocus, and others).

Try these things:

1) Use a different video cable and/or switch the ends of the cable between the projector and the laptop.
2) Check the BIOS and video driver versions - update to most current.
3) Does it matter if you're in "clone" mode versus just forcing the display to the projector only?  If the Projector only mode works fine, you may have synch problem.

I don't recall which model/make projector that one group had, but their Dell D600s refused to work right with it and they ended up getting a new one.  Sounds dumb but we determined it was projector specific as the same D600 laptop worked fine with other projectors.

127 Posts

August 24th, 2007 05:00

It's odd that the two displays do not display the same thing. The secondary display settings in "Display Properties" are not set to do "Extend the Desktop" right? Which graphics card is in the affected D610s? One other thing - does it matter if you use a Dell Dock video port just as an experiment? -Kevin

3 Posts

August 26th, 2007 22:00

No, not set to extend desktop although I did try this setting to see if it gave a work around. These laptops have the ATI Radeon x300.  I could try them with a docking station to see what happens, got to be worth a shot.

127 Posts

August 27th, 2007 01:00

You might try going to the ATI support website and see if anyone has mentioned the same video problem there with that model video card.
No Events found!