Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2009 22:00

D610 laptop Video Controller and the Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Hello- I have a D610 laptop that has 2 yellow exclamtion marks under the other devices  beside the Video Controller and the Video Controller  (VGA Compatible) in my device manager. How do i get them installed correctly? Which down load and driver do i use for these? I've gone to the driver and download sections. Can someone point me to the correcr driver? I am running Windows XP.

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 6th, 2009 04:00

First determine which video chip you have.  It could be Intel integrated or an ATI X300.  Support.dell.com, original configuration.

Then download and install IN ORDER:

The Dell notebook system software

The chipset driver

The video driver.

Without the first two, the video driver WILL NOT load properly.

October 6th, 2009 11:00

Thank you.  I will try what you suggested.

October 7th, 2009 11:00

Thanks Guy, that worked for me.

1 Message

July 24th, 2011 16:00

If you have upgraded to Windows 7 and have the the Intel chipset with integrated video, you can install the drivers from Intel.  Download "Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* XP" (file win2k_xp142550.exe) from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=12536&ProdId=2032&lang=eng&OSVersion=&DownloadType=Drivers and run in compatibility mode.  This will allow you to use the XP driver, providing the Intel management tool and eliminating problem icons from the device manager.

No Events found!