Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 3rd, 2010 14:00

DCPSysMgr disables Aero

I'm on a loaded Latitude E6500 running Windows 7 64-bit and I just updated ALL my drivers, firmware, and software.  The Dell ControlPoint software is now all at version 1.4.  Lastly, I updated the firmware on my Mobile 5600 Broadband adapter, and it made me re-select my provider (Sprint).  The problem I am having now is when I restart and login, Aero Glass is disabled by DCPSysMgr, and I cannot get it back on.  When I restart, Glass starts up again but quickly disables with the same error message.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Michael

3 Posts

March 9th, 2010 09:00

Ok, never mind. I see, there is an (dell extended) energy option that tells it to disable Aero Glass per default when running on battery. So, this is meant as a feature and not a bug. But the error message, that appears with this option enabled is really misleading.

Mario

3 Posts

March 9th, 2010 05:00

Exactly the same for me (same machine, just updated all to version 1.4 and I also updated everything else, BIOS, video, etc.). For now, I disabled Dell control point (button and system manager) service. I am beginning to ask myself, if DCP has any value to me.

So again: Does anyone know how to fix this?

Mario

No Events found!