Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2013 23:00

DELL 15R 5521 default bios settings

hi,
please i need the default bios setting for my dell 15R 5521, because my touchpad is overheating and i think the problem is from the bios chip which is under the touchpad.

please help

3.1K Posts

September 16th, 2013 23:00

Hi moe313,

Here are the steps to reset BIOS settings to defaults:

• Power off the computer
  • Restart the computer, tap ‘F2’ key on the Dell logo. This will take you to the BIOS screen
  • Press ‘F9’ key once, highlight ‘Yes’, press ‘Enter’
  • Press ‘F10’ key once, highlight ‘Yes’, press ‘Enter’
  • This will reset BIOS to its default settings.

However, would like to inform you that this may not take care of the overheating issues. I would suggest you to try the following steps.

Ensure that the air-vents are clean:

• Check the vents on the computer to see if they are covered with dust and not allowing heat and air to pass through.
  • Turn off the System.
  • Unplug the power cable from the back of the system.
  • Use Compressed Air to blow the dust out of the vents.

Note: Please use compressed air can. When using compressed air can, use the can according to the directions on the side of the can as you can cause damage to the computer if used incorrectly.

Would also suggest to update the BIOS of the computer to the latest version from Here  

Note: Before updating BIOS please ensure that
*Battery is 10%> or >10% charged.
*Adapter should be connected.
*No external devices should be connected.
*All other programs should be closed and documents saved.

Please see this video Update your Dell PC's BIOS in 99 Seconds

7 Posts

September 17th, 2013 00:00

Hi APPU S,

i already did this steps before, but the problem of the touchpad overheating is not solved. some people told me because of the processor, gpu, or the bios chip which is under the touchpad.
so please can you help me to solve the problem of the touchpad overheating.

thank you and have a nice day.

3.1K Posts

September 17th, 2013 01:00

Hi moe313,

Thank you for the response. I would like to know if you have updated the BIOS of the computer. The latest version is A09.

Let me know; will take it further.

7 Posts

September 17th, 2013 01:00

yes i had updated to the latest version A09 since it was available online and when you gave me the link to the A09 update i re installed it again. 

3.1K Posts

September 18th, 2013 04:00

Hi moe313,

Did you recently install any software in your computer?

Check the CPU usage of the computer. To check the CPU usage:

• Right click on the task bar, choose ‘Start Task manager’
  • Click on 'More Details'
  • Click the "Performance" tab. In this screen, the first box shows the percentage of CPU usage
  • Then click on ‘Processes’ tab, click on ‘CPU’ tab once and check for the application with the maximum CPU usage.
  • Right click on that application (make a note of the process) and click ‘End process tree’.
  • Check if the same issue occurs

No Events found!