Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 23rd, 2012 03:00

DELL inspiron n5040 .Blank screen with 7 beeps on start up,please HELP

Hello i have a dell inspiron n5040 .its only 1 month old.since 2days ago everytime i try to turn it on all i get is a blank screen with audio of 7 beeps a pause then 7 more and so on.I have read a few posts about taking the battery out and pressing the power button for 30 secs and also trying with just the ac power,i dont think this works for my problem.The power and battery lights comes on and the disk holder flashes.So my problem is I TURN ON MY LAPTOP AND THE SCREEN IS BLANK,I HEAR 7 BEEPS ETC.anc thats it .Can anyone help me with this please! 

4 Posts

May 23rd, 2012 03:00

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS?

3.8K Posts

May 23rd, 2012 06:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. 7 beeps means a processor failure, and it needs to be replaced.

If you have an Active Warranty, send me a Private Message, click on my user name, add me as a friend, and send me your service tag, phone number and address.

Thank you

Royan

4 Posts

May 24th, 2012 05:00

thank you royan

i rang dell ireland yesterday and its under warranty,so they sent a courier to collect it this morning.they will sent it back in 6 to 10 working days fixed.

the processor shouldnt fail after just a month should it?they said it was the same thing so it must be,but a month of use and it breaks down,not pleased

but thank you very much for your reply Royan 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 24th, 2012 05:00

It's unlikely the CPU has failed - it's far more likely it's the system board that has failed.

1 Message

August 23rd, 2012 14:00

Hi, I had the same exact problem with my computer! I have a Dell Inspiron and it just crashed one day and it was blank and beeping 7 times, I thought it was a processor so I just left it on my shelf for 6 months because I didn't have the money to replace it. It turns out that it wasn't the problem, it was just a fake alarm. As soon as you turn your computer on and see the light flash, press the Fn key and press F1-F12 until it turns back on. It should reboot by the time you get to about F2 or F3. Hope that helps!

1 Message

April 4th, 2013 20:00

I have Inspiron m5030 I'm having the same issue two days ago it started. I've had my computer for 14 months and this is the only problem I've had with it. I was online and then the screen started to get a little white line and started to shake a bit then it  went black and those 7 beeps. I called dell but they couldn't help me because of my warranty being out of date. I hadn't installed anything new but the updates. So I tried to turn it on  numerous times of turning it back on and still those beeps and nothing. Finally tonight I turned it on and it came back on so far so good and it's 40 mins so far so good.

February 15th, 2015 12:00

Same problem with me. Please explain briefly  how I should do it? <ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>  whatsapp if possible or email  <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>Not sure  if  I will get a notification  from this site

No Events found!