Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2017 01:00

Dell 9550 XPS - Keyboard not working after Sleep

My Dell 9550 XPS has developed an annoying fault. Every time the laptop wakes from sleep, the keyboard no longer works and needs a Restart for it to start working again. (The on-screen keywboard works, and also if I plug in an external USB keywboard, that works too)

I *think* it developed this problem after installing the Windows Creator update but not 100% sure.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Adrian

August 24th, 2017 13:00

you may try this solution it worked for me many times, use an external USB keyboard. When you will connect it to your PC or laptop, your main keyboard will start working properly and if that not start working and USB keyboard works properly then click Keyboard isn't working to see another few fixes with screenshot 

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

August 24th, 2017 17:00

Hi Adrian,

Were you still having trouble with this? And have you updated the chipset and video drivers? Also, what version of the BIOS is the system currently running? You should be able to press F2 at startup (Dell/XPS screen) to see the version. 

Best regards,

Brad

3 Posts

August 25th, 2017 04:00

Hi Brad,

Yes still having problems I'm afraid...

All the chipset and video drivers are up to date from DELL driver update. I am running ver 1.2.29 of the BIOS. Windows ver 1703 (build 15063.540)

Thanks

Adrian

1 Message

August 27th, 2017 00:00

a similar problem here, after the Creator's Update as well on my Inspiron 5567.

Windows key, pgup, pgdn, num*, num8 and num2 keys are dead. Haven't updated to latest BIOS

3 Posts

August 27th, 2017 03:00

Hoping for some more suggestions on how to fix this. It's frustrating!

Come on DELL, please show help and support.

39 Posts

December 7th, 2017 02:00

Same here, no internal keyboard after suspend.

Additional problem: also no internal screen after suspend (have to have a secondary monitor plugged in). it also won't come alive again until I reboot.

No Events found!