Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

10 Posts

October 12th, 2005 23:00

Dell Hinges fixed?

I'm an old I7500 user with nothing but horrible experiences with the laptop's hinges. They've broken countless times. Had them serviced by an official Dell tech about 3-4 times and then my warranty ran out. Tried to fix them myself twice, but got tired of doing it every few months. Now I need a stack of books to keep the LCD from falling backwards.

My question is -- is this still an issue with Dell's newer laptops? I swore I'd never get another Dell because of this, but the prices are tempting. Or has the new line (ie, the 6000) introduced other problems?

Thanks for your input/experiences.

2 Posts

October 13th, 2005 12:00

I love my dell inspiron 8600, (2 years old) yet it had early pixel burnout, which has continued to grow.
Just last night, I am having a malfunction with the hinge.
First the cover started to get very loose and not stay in place, then it cracked something when I shut it, and the hinge is now is pulling away from the left far side and trying to take the back plastic on the keyboard side with it. I appreciate any ideas to get this back together or a place where I can see how this hinge operates, so i don't end up making it worse than it is now. Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 13th, 2005 13:00

Replacing the hinge assembly:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins8500/en/8600cr/sm/display.htm#1001090

2 Posts

October 13th, 2005 15:00

thanks so much, you are kind. I will go check it out.

10 Posts

October 13th, 2005 18:00

So it's still happening? How pathetic. Well, you get what you pay for -- that's the last Dell I'll ever buy.

1 Message

December 14th, 2011 23:00

So did you find a remedy?

No Events found!