Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 11th, 2013 01:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3537 Wifi Driver For Windows 7 64bit

I Have purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 3537. I installed windows 7 64 bit. I cant find the drivers for the wifi n/w card.
I tried installing the windows 8 wifi driver for this model but its not working.
please help.

1 Message

November 29th, 2013 07:00

I have been facing the same problem with the WLAN controller of Dell Inspiron 15 3537 laptop under Windows 32/64 bit OS.

I finally end up with a solution: in the following links you will find the drivers for the Qualcomm Atheros AR956x series WLAN Controller that is used in 3537 model.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58581.exe

or

https://mega.co.nz/#!HoJimTwR!dEEHpV41w06bJM7qBRbFJxobGbUl1F3i5kC5fwciPY0

NOTE: In order to install the above driver you have to choose the 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" option under "Update Driver" button. Then choose "Have disk" and load "netathr.inf" file if you run WIN7 32bit version or "neathrx.inf" if you run WIN7 64bit version.

GOOD LUCK!

2 Posts

April 11th, 2014 09:00

Hi Dell,

I can say I never had any issue with my other dell laptops, but this inspiron 3537 is mine 4th laptop from dell. but I am getting problem in installing WIFI drivers, I have tried all the drivers from your site, but to no avail. your dell representative told me install windows 64 bit. I brought a new windows 8 64 bit dvd. What I get same old issue can't install wifi drivers. I am fed up. my laptop is useless for me. and I brought it on 4th of April 2014. HElp me out ASAP Please

Hi mits3,

Please provide the device ID for the wireless card. You may follow the instructions mentioned below to get the Device ID:

• In ‘Device Manager’, expand ‘Network Controller’ and right click on Wireless card entry.
  • Click ‘Properties’.
  • Click ‘Details’.
  • Search for ‘Device Instance ID’.

Provide the numbers after VEN and DEV.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you further.

3 Posts

Thanks kuldeep for replying .

I cannot see the device being listed in the network adapters but its listed in other devices as network controller. when i click details and get the compatible ids , the ven is 168c and the dev is 0036 and rev is 01

thanks

September 11th, 2013 02:00

Hi mits3,

You may try installing the driver from the link below to see if that works.

The link is http://dell.to/13KCJoy.

If there are any issues while installing the driver, please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's/Company's Name with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation).

4 Posts

September 19th, 2013 05:00

Hi Mr Kuldeep,

I am having the same problem.

I recently purchased DELL INSPIRON 3537, i5 4th gen, 1GB  AMD RADEON  HD8670M, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard disk with Ubundu OS. (Service Tag is CZV13X1 ). In Ubundu OS, the wireless (WIFI) was working without any problem.

I tried to install Windows 8 x64  ( Later Windows 7 x64 ) on this laptop using driver available from DELL Support website , the Wireless Network card is detected in "DEVICE MANAGER"  but I could not load the driver.

The driver used by me is DELL Driver for WIFI Dell Wireless 1705 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Driver ( Which is Qualcomm Atheros AR956X Wireless). The laptop gives error message at the end of driver loading stating that the driver is not meant for  this platform/system.

All other DELL drivers given in the DELL support website  are loaded except this WIFI driver. I also  tried various other driver for  Qualcomm Atheros AR956X Wireless, but I could not succeed. It is really surprising that the Driver given in their website is not working.

Regards

September 19th, 2013 06:00

Hi Solaiappan,

Please remove the service tag from public view for security reasons.

I have checked the order details and see that it is the Dell Wireless 1705 card and the link you are trying to install the driver from is correct.

Make sure the driver you are trying to install is the one that is for the hard drive format i.e DW1705_W8_X02_A00_Setup-DK2MK_ZPE.exe.

Please share the screenshot of Device Manager with Network adapters expanded.

• Press ‘Windows’ key + R on ‘Desktop’ screen 
  • Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run box and press ‘Enter’
  • Click > sign next to ‘Network adapters’

To share the picture, click on 'Use rich formatting' icon. Once you click on the icon, a window will open. Click on 'Browse' to browse the image. Once the file is uploaded, click on 'Insert'.

Also, share the operating system that is presently installed on the system.

4 Posts

September 19th, 2013 06:00

One additional information:

As per DELL (India Website) for my service tag (the Wireless card is 

Part No : C3Y4J,  

Item :    Card, Wireless, Half Mini-Card, DW1705, World Wide, Foxconn

Model No of DELL INSPIRON 3537 is W560703TH (Thailand)

3 Posts

September 19th, 2013 08:00

Hey SOLAIAPPAN , I have the same issue..
but now its solved after Installing windows 8.
Just installed the drivers from dell website for this particular model.

4 Posts

September 19th, 2013 09:00

Dear All,

I have resolved the driver issue with "Driver Pack Solution 13 R380", it has detected all the driver updates required for my laptop and installed it. Now "WIFI" is working. Even though this software loaded some unwanted Russian application software, later I uninstalled them.

It appears to me that Intel Chipset driver is not proper and Microsoft Windows loads driver on its own to few devices. Even in the beginning "Driver Pack Solution 13 R380 could not load WIFI driver for DELL 1705 Wireless. When Intel Chipset driver was updated, immediately DELL 1705 driver and Blue tooth driver was updated.

Any how DELL Website is silent about DELL INSPIRON 3527 Driver for Windows 7 x64. or x86

Thanks and Regards.

September 21st, 2013 06:00

Hi Solaiappan,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing the resolution for other user to benefit.

As mentioned in the earlier post, Windows 7 drivers for this system are not available on the Dell website as the system is not being shipped with Windows 7.

Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

1 Message

September 29th, 2013 20:00

i can't find driver Inspiron 15 3537 ( Service Tag: ) for win 7. help me!!!!!

4 Posts

September 30th, 2013 01:00

I have loaded Windows 7 64bit in DELL Inspiron 3537 and is working without any problem.

You can use Windows 8, 64bit driver available in http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/Product/inspiron-15r-5537.

I faced problem for Chipset driver and I updated with Intel 8 series Chip set driver available in Intel website and USB 3.0 driver . For WIFI and Blue Tooth use  Dell Wireless 1705 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Driver .

Regards

October 1st, 2013 07:00

Hi vutuan,

As mentioned in the above post, Windows 7 drivers for the system are not available as the system is not shipped with windows 7.

You may try the links provided by Solaiappan for installing the drivers.

You may also refer to the link http://server88-208-222-62.live-servers.net/en/dell-inspiron-15/

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

November 22nd, 2013 07:00

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028&REV_01\4&39427095&0&00E3
Can u help me
my service tag: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

No Events found!