Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 12th, 2016 16:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7559 No Audio

Just got my computer back from Dell tech support having sent it because of an issue with no audio output device installed and the red x on the toolbar. The computer is in the exact same state as before I sent it with nothing fixed. I've tried reinstalling the drivers multiple times, checked if audio services were running and all of that. Feels like a huge waste of money at this point and is especially disappointing because this computer was actually a gift for someone. Has anyone had this issue with this computer and have it resolved without resorting to an external usb sound driver?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 13th, 2016 09:00

You can diagnose this by performing a system recovery (reset the laptop back to the original factory configuration.) If there is still no audio immediately after recovery, before getting on the internet, then the audio hardware has failed and Dell will have to fix it under the terms of the warranty. In other words they could not say it is a software issue and therefore not covered.

If the recovery does fix it, but the problems recurs after getting on the internet, then probably some Windows Updates-related issue.

1 Message

May 14th, 2016 22:00

Yes, I have the same problem and I have Dell Inspirion 17...Have you resolved your problem?

2 Posts

May 15th, 2016 01:00

I have the exact same problem. Did you find a fix? I think the audio card on my 7559 is also broken.

No Events found!