Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2015 06:00

Dell Inspiron 1545 blank screen

hello,,i have a 3 year old laptop(inspiron 1545) and now for the last 3 days it wont boot...when i power it on,,,it starts ,,fan spining,hdd spinig but no Dell boot logo..\

if i press the D button ,red green blue white colors appear and then white forever until i shut it down,

when i press the power button while its on,it shuts down immediately,,if i press the FN button and then the power button it starts beeping 7 times and it repeats,,

removed the battery and the AC plug,,,pressed the power button for 5 min,,pluged in the AC plug and nothing again,,,,,...

I think all of this started 4 weeks ago,cuz while i was playing,,i think it overheated and shut down,,it did this many times untill it would not boot up(3 days ago).

its out of warranty...so if its a problem with the GPU i can reball it(My Friend can)..

1.8K Posts

March 9th, 2015 16:00

Hi,

I would recommend following the troubleshooting steps from this article to see if you can define what the failure is.  There is a link to the beep codes in that link as well, which should help.

Did you try to connect that laptop to an external monitor to see if you see any video on that screen?  Or tap the F12 button while its powering up to try to go into the BIOS?

It may very well have overheated and blown the graphics card.  Hopefully the troubleshooting steps on the link above will help you confirm the problem so you can get it resolved.  Please stop back and let us know if any of those steps helped or if you need more help.

Todd

No Events found!