Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 14th, 2012 08:00

Dell Inspiron 15R (N5110) - Touch pad not working

Hi All,

I got my new Inspiron 15R (N5110) last saturday and since then i am having issues with my Touchpad. It is dragging alot and its slow in motion. I tried changing the settings, uninstalling the present driver and reinstalling a new driver program but nothing has worked so far and i am just stuck with a slow motion touchpad. Kinldy help me with any troubleshooting which i can carry out or else if i need to get in to nearest Dell service center.

Thanks,

Bivin

4.4K Posts

June 14th, 2012 09:00

Hi Bivin,

Welcome to the Community,

See if the Touchpad works better with only the Windows generic driver.Uninstall the Touchpad driver from Device Manager and reboot the system.It should ideally reinstall the Windows generic driver on reboot.

Go to Control Panel,Device manager,expand Mice and other pointing device,right click on Dell Touch pad,Click uninstall,put check mark on the box which says delete driver software and reboot the system.

Let me know if this makes the Touch pad work better.

Thank You

3 Posts

June 14th, 2012 11:00

Hi Roshan,

I did, what was adviced my you. The pointer is not having the drag now but the range has limited. To move the pointer from one end of the screen to other i need to strike many times in the touchpad so in nut shell the range of the pointer has decreased with respect to the strikes in the touchpad.

Another problem has popped up where in while typing the cursor just jumps somewhere in the screen and i need t drag it bag to the typing space.

Please help me out in this.

Regards,

Bivin

4.4K Posts

June 15th, 2012 04:00

Hi,

Now that you've successfully uninstalled the existing Touchpad Driver,try to reinstall it using the link below:

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Hope this helps,

3 Posts

June 15th, 2012 23:00

Hi Roshan,

Thanks a ton !!! it is working properly as if now but i am not sure how long it will be as last time it worked for 2 days then problem again started.

Just wanted to know on one thing. When keep the system and music player volume to the max there is a distortion in the sound. Is it normal ???

I need your advice in one thing. Meanwhile I had raised a service request at DELL for my problem and they have agreed for replacing my Unit as whole. But i have land up in another problem, Dell Inspiron 15 R with i3,2GB RAM and 500 Harddisk - under this configuration DELL has stopped manufacturing so can you please help me out in if I need to keep back this present laptop as it is having no issue with touchpad as if now.

Please do share your view.

Thanks Again,

Bivin

4.4K Posts

June 16th, 2012 07:00

Hi  Bivin,

Glad the Touchpad is working.Distortion may occur on max volumes through the speakers.Use a earphone to check if distortion is only through the system speakers.If its on both earphone and speaker than there could be some issue with the audio.If your system model is no longer being manufactured with the configuration you had,the replacement system will have a similar or better configuration depending on the availability.If you're happy with the configuration offered on the replacement system,you can go for the replacement system.

So you will have to take the final call.

Thank you

1 Message

October 27th, 2012 02:00

Hi all,[

My dad brought my new inspirion 15r (2 years ago) my dad doesn't use the touchpad click & finally it doesn't works now please help me :(] .....

please respond me urgent

thank you

Regards,

usama hassan

4.4K Posts

October 30th, 2012 01:00

Hi usama hassan,

Welcome to the Community,

Most of the Touchpad related issues can be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the Touchpad driver.I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the driver to see if it fixes the issue.

To uninstall go to Device manager(Control Panel,System,Hardware)expand Mice and other pointing device,right click on Dell Touch pad,click uninstall,put check mark for delete driver software,click OK and reboot the system.

After the system reboots download and reinstall touchpad driver from this link below :

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-15r-n5110

Note:Above driver is for system model Inspiron 15R (N5110).

Let me know if you need more help.

Thank You

1 Message

May 20th, 2014 17:00

hi i just got this computer today and i use the touch screen a ton! But i do like to save pictures from the internet for future inspirations on paintings but like i said i got this today and i wanted to right click to save it but it doesnt work! it works when im on the windows 8 screen and i click desktop but anything it else it wont work and i have no idea where to find the control panel

No Events found!