Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 25th, 2013 00:00

Dell Inspiron 17 3721 problems

Hello,

Recently  bought Inspiron 3721 ( )

When I try to download some of the driver links are not working.For example Dell Aplication.

I have already installed all of the drivers on my Windows 7 x64,but I'm searching for a program to control my fan.Or a Bios update?

Is there anything for fan control on my laptop because almost all the time it is at max and is getting annoying.

Excuse my english :)

6 Posts

February 14th, 2013 09:00

Thnk god that speedfan 4.48 beta 6 fixes this problem temporary.

Enable dell support in options and add fan control to cpu fan. Then use atomatic fan speed.

A fix until Dell gets us a new bios. :)

1.8K Posts

March 1st, 2013 12:00

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience. 

Here is a BIOS update for Inspiron 3721 (A06 version) You may download it from the link : http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3518/6232.3721A06.zip

Note: Make sure the ac adapter is connected and the battery is charged 10% or above to update the BIOS. Also, disconnect all the external peripherals before updating the BIOS. All the programs should be closed and documents saved. 

Extract the driver --> Right click and 'Run as administrator' -- > Follow the prompts on screen to install the BIOS update. 

This BIOS update is not web posted yet but will be updated on support website soon. 

Please share the findings. 

1.8K Posts

March 1st, 2013 13:00

Ηι Sidi/Peter2013,

Please try to download the file again. I have updated the link. 

6 Posts

January 25th, 2013 21:00

Bump

1.8K Posts

January 31st, 2013 03:00

Hi bosk802/Vangelov,

Please ensure that the vents of the system are clean and allow free circulation of air inside the system. You may use a can of compressed air to clean the vents. Before you clean the air vents of system:

1. Turn off the System.
  2. Unplug the AC Adapter.
  3. Remove the Battery.

For more information on cleaning the vents, please visit the following link:http://dell.to/SAep59

Once you clean the air vents, check if you face the same issue after that.

If the issue still persists, you can update the BIOS to latest version.

Note: Before flashing the BIOS please check the following:-

1. Battery should have 10% or greater charge.
  2. Adapter should be connected.
  3. No external devices should be connected.
  4. All other programs should be closed and documents saved.  

Steps to download BIOS:-  

• Click on the below link: http://dell.to/QjjZDA
  • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system. 
  • Click on “Download File”.
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
  • Click on “Download Now”.
  • Save the BIOS on your desktop.
  • Once the BIOS is downloaded on the desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
  • Follow the prompts on screen and restart your computer.  

You can also check the CPU usage of your computer(please ensure you check it when system fan is constant).  

To check CPU usage:

• Start the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl, Alt and Delete at the same time.
  • This will show a screen with several options.
  • Choose "Start Task Manager." This will open the Task Manager Program window.
  • Click the "Performance" tab. In this screen, the first box shows the percentage of CPU usage. 
  • Then click on CPU tab once and check for the application with the maximum CPU usage.  

• Make a note of the process/application with maximum CPU usage.
  • Right click on that application (make a note of the process) and click ‘End process tree’.
  • Check if the same issue occurs.  

Please share the findings. 

6 Posts

January 31st, 2013 03:00

How did you solve fan control problem? Have you got some problems besides the fan?

---

Kak reshil problemy s kulerom? Eshe kakie to problemy bili s ustanovkoy Win7?

6 Posts

February 2nd, 2013 04:00

DELL-Chinmay S - The notebook is brand new.I don't think I have to clean the air vents.

And for the idea to update my BIOS.....I want to update it too,but there is no bios update  for this notebook.

CPU usage is 6-12% and the fan is still at full throtle.

bosk802 - My notebook is perfect,only this problem with the level of the fan speed is annoying.

And if you are going to install Windows 7 you must have nerves of steel for finding some of the drivers.

Thanks for the fixed link of Dell Application :)

1 Message

February 2nd, 2013 05:00

Hi Vangelov,

I'm having the same issue with a Dell 3721 bought in January. The notebook is brand new. The fan is inacceptably loud. I've been trying to modify the advanced power Settings, specifically the Minimum and Maximum Levels for the CPU. I thought I found a combination that stopped the fan at least for normal browsing mode but now it's running again. Have you tried calling Dell? I set up the Notebook for my father-in-law today and will ask him to call Dell.

As far as I can see, there is not BIOS update available, as you mention. @Chinmay S: How can we let Dell know that this is a general issue? If it doesn't get better we'll have to return the Notebook.

If I found out anything I will let you know.

Chris

6 Posts

February 3rd, 2013 10:00

Hello everyone.

Well, i'm now alone experiencing problems with this laptop.

Can anyone explain me what did you do with video dirvers for Win7? Currently, there is a driver for Win8 and my Win7 doesn't recognize it as a proper one. How did you solve this problem? Or everyone is exploiting Win8 here? Thanks.

6 Posts

February 4th, 2013 09:00

bosk802 - download the driver from ati.com or from intel.

chamilton2345 - No,i didn't call them.Because there is no dell support around here.I don't think that I have to call to USA when there are forums for such issues.

6 Posts

February 4th, 2013 12:00

I am having the same issues and found no solution yet for getting the fan noise down. I have received the dell 3721 today. I have used the dell support tool and updated some drives but that didn't solve it. I will give it 5 days and than I wil send the laptop back. Is there some one with the sollution?

8 Posts

February 5th, 2013 03:00

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have received my new Inspiron 17 yesterday, and the CPU fan is really noisy everytime, even if  I do nothing... I think it's not normal. It seems to be a Bios problem with the CPU fan management...

If i don't find a solution quickly, i will send it back...

1.8K Posts

February 5th, 2013 15:00

Hi Vangelov/ chamilton2345/ Peter2013/ DavidP31,

I am still looking into this issue and will keep you posted with the details. 

@ bosk802: You can try and install video driver in compatibility mode for Windows 7, that might work. 

Download and Save the driver on desktop --> Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab --> Select Windows 7 --> Click Apply/OK -- > Right Click the file and select the Run As Administrator option to install. 

Hope it helps.

6 Posts

February 5th, 2013 23:00

hi Dell-chinmay,

Yesterday I reported this issue to the Dell support center, the Ref nr. 2D5A4E3W1YX25D10X.

6 Posts

February 6th, 2013 00:00

Hello everyone.

As most of you, i bought this laptop with Win8 installed, but i downgraded it to Win7. I faced problems with some device's drivers, but almost all of them were solved with drivers supplied for this laptop in support section of dell website. But there was no driver for video that will be applicable for Win7, resolution look awful, i thought it was some hardware-related problem. But i finally found driver by using dell website search engine:

www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails

I just wonder why this driver is not in the list, where it should be for Win7. Нou should fix this, Dell-guys.

And couple of words about the fan. I have no troubles with the fan now, using Win7 and, as i remember, i had no troubles with the fan when it was working under Win8 (but it was only 2 days). Under normal condition, without any load on CPU, i can hardly hear fan is spinning. Under greater load, for example, trying to estimate laptop performance using Windows-utility, fan is spinning faster. I cant tell its the maximum speed, i can hear it, but it seems to be normal and NOT very annoying. This was concerning fan noise.

I can tell some revision number or bios version of my laptop, if it helps. May be it's all about hardware failure of particular production batch?

No Events found!