Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 24th, 2016 21:00

Dell Inspiron 17 5000 series laptop blinking orange battery light

my laptop battery light is flashing orange. I'm running Windows10.

I checked the battery health meter and the battery is 100% charged and the meter indicates that it is functioning normally. The laptop is only a few months old.

I saw another post that suggested rebooting the laptop with the cable unplugged. I'going to try that next.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 25th, 2016 08:00

:emotion-2:

Please list Dell model number; Example: Dell Inspiron 3543

In the meantime, I'd suggest you power off the notebook, disconnect AC adapter and all Peripherals. Remove battery, press "Power On" button for 15 seconds, and then release. Replace battery, AC adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully there isn't any orange light.

Here are a few more suggestions:

Please type troubleshooting control panel onto [Cortana] search box, click on "View All", and then Power. 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 25th, 2016 08:00

:emotion-2:

Disconnect AC adapter, power on system and then boot into windows:

Right click on Windows Start Button I Device Manager I Batteries I "Microsoft ACPI - Compliant Control Method Battery" right click and uninstall it. Now right click on Battery and select "Scan for hardware changes". Replace AC adapter and hopefully there isn't battery problems now.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 25th, 2016 09:00

Lastly.....

Update System Setup(BIOS):

https://youtu.be/mWn9YfxtYBo

1 Message

July 26th, 2016 05:00

Thanks, I disconnected the a.c. adapter, powered down the laptop, removed the battery and pressed the power on button for 15 seconds then reseated the battery. The light is now steady and white.

Looks like the problem is resolved.

Many thanks!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 26th, 2016 09:00

Thanks for the update.....:emotion-2:

No Events found!