Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2012 15:00

Dell Inspiron 1764 Hard drive Failure

Hi, Can any one point me in the right direction as to what to do with a hard drive failure in my Dell inspiron notebook computer. It won't boot up., all it does is get stuck at the Windows 7 startup blue screen. I did a diagnostics test and came up with the error code 2000-0146. I read somewhere on this forum that its an hard drive failure. I made a backup with data safe to an usb drive but can't get it to work. I had this notebook for a year and I called dell tech support for  help, They won't help unless I pay them a fee. All, I have is an Dell drivers and utilities dvd that came with the computer. But no copy of windows 7. What should I do in this situation? Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 29th, 2012 15:00

Tdigital,

You have made copies of files and folders that you cannot afford to lose, coorect?

Did you make the Windows 7 - IMPORTANT Windows 7 Backup Disks to create

If yes, then when you purchase a new hard drive and install it, INSTRUCTIONS HERE

, You can put in the first Dell Date Safe disk and follow the instructions and it will install.

If you did not or cannot create the disks, if in the United States, Request Backup Disks USA If in another Country, call Dell Tech Support in your Country.

Rick

No Events found!