Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

September 29th, 2008 20:00

Dell Inspiron 6000 Wireless Network Connection Problem

Earlier today my computer, a Dell Inspiron 6000, had some problems, it would boot up to the "Blue Screen of Death" Window's fatal error screen. I contacted Dell and they had me restore my system. Now, after the system is restored, I am trying to connect to my girlfriends parents network so I can update windows, mcafee, and redownload some things I need, only it won't connect. They have a secure network, which I have the network key for, and my computer worked on this network before the reinstall. After entering the network key it gets to Acquiring Network Address and it won't go any further. I have tried everything I can think of but at this point I am so frustrated I cannot think straight, so I am sure there is something I forgot to do before connecting or something, I just can't think what.

28K Posts

September 30th, 2008 03:00

Are you absolutely, 100%, positively, without any doubt whatsoever, sure that you are entering the correct network key and have set the correct encryption protocol?  The key and protocol must match exactly what is set on the router.  One tiny mistake is a no go.

Steve

1 Rookie

• 

2.1K Posts

September 30th, 2008 06:00

agree, you have to be exact on the encription key, and correct ecription protocol

2 Posts

September 30th, 2008 06:00

No I am not, not now lol. I was at my girlfriends house and she told me just earlier that the password she gave me may not be the new one. She said her uncle may have changed the password. Also, not only that but when I got home I was able to log into my network with no problem, it is a 2wire DSL network and it is secured as well. I think that she gave me the wrong password. Now the challenge is getting the right password because her uncle forgot what he changed it to and he never wrote it down. Anyway, thanks for your time and help.
No Events found!