Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

March 31st, 2012 16:00

Dell Inspiron Laptop N7110 won't shut down

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue..

When I click on "start" and "shutdown" on my Dell Inspiron Laptop (N7110), nothing happens, and my computer won't shut down. Also, when I click "CTRL, ALT, DEL" nothing happens...  the only way to shut my laptop down is by pressing/holding the power button.

Any suggestions?

3.8K Posts

April 1st, 2012 09:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. It could be one of your startup programs that's causing this. Click on start, type in msconfig, and press enter, click on the startup tab on top and click on disable all at the bottom. Click on Apply, ok and restart your computer.

Note: If this does not work, make sure you go back and enable all the programs, as some software need to startup like your Antivirus every time you turn on your computer.

Just use Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager directly, and check if there is any process which is preventing the system from shutting down, and end that process.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

1 Message

November 28th, 2013 15:00

I had this problem.  Look in the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete). See if there aren't two Internet Explorer exe. programs running. End the one that says Internet Explorer exe.32.   Try it now.  Fixed mine.     

No Events found!