Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MH

February 2nd, 2011 12:00

Dell Inspiron N4010 web cam driver

My Dell Inspiron N4010 webcam is not working....need this driver...search through support.dell.com......cant find any driver for level webcam there. Please any help me to resolve this issue to find me a working driver.

Rajib

1 Message

March 20th, 2011 09:00

g I am also facing same problem.

Dell people selling laptops without the drivers either in their web site not with laptop. This is a tight situation for everyone.

1 Message

April 8th, 2011 22:00

yes

I am also facing same problem

5 Posts

April 14th, 2011 01:00

i m also facing same problem m using dell inspiron N4010 windows 7 home edition 64bit operating system.suddenly my webcam stop working.

and shows the error (please plug in a supported device) i dn,t knw wht's the problm.m also checking device manager it can,t show the driver of webcam.

can sumone help me to solve the problm i m vry thnkful.waiting for response ...............

3 Posts

May 5th, 2011 18:00

I want my camera back! same problem!!

904 Posts

May 6th, 2011 06:00

Hi Guys,

Here is the link to download the latest Webcam software for your computer.

Do let me know if you have any further issues

1 Message

May 11th, 2011 08:00

I installed this on my comp and it did not work. Also, I am using a 64-bit windows 7 machine. Does anyone know why the webcam stopped working?

Thanks,

Carlos

• 

16.7K Posts

May 12th, 2011 07:00

Jour4life,

You can click the link below and try the driver listed.

Webcam

3 Posts

May 12th, 2011 12:00

No this is not working either, I have same issue on my dell inspiron N4010 Win 7 entp. SP1 and my web cam. is not working . when I open dell web cam central , it shows "no supported web cam connected"

5 Posts

H,i m also download tht link nd install it to start my webcam but it couldn't work.

can sumone help me solve my problm ,,,???:emotion-9:

SALMAN ..!!!

5 Posts

H,i m also download tht link nd install it to start my webcam but it couldn't work.

SALMAN ..!!!

904 Posts

May 12th, 2011 14:00

No this is not working either, I have same issue on my dell inspiron N4010 Win 7 entp. SP1 and my web cam. is not working . when I open dell web cam central , it shows "no supported web cam connected"

SALMAN ..!!!

Please try the following

1. Start > Right click on Computer.

2. Select Properties > Device Manager

3. In the device manager window check if there is a yellow bang on any device (Mainly Webcam/Imaging device/Intergrated Camera)

4. If there is such device right click on it and select properties.

5. Select the driver tab, Use the 'Roll Back Driver' option. (Follow the screen shot below)

6. If at any point the 'Roll Back Device' is greyed out, select  the uninstall option, put a check mark for 'Remove device software'

7. Move over to Control Panel > Programs and Features/Uninstall a program, and remove the Dell Webcam Central.

8. Restart the system, reinstall the Dell Webcam Central 2.00.39

9. Restart the system and check the Device manager again for any bangs, if there are no bangs and if there is an 'Imaging Device' as shown below, then the Webcam was installed successfully.

10. Let me know if the problem persists, we may have to look into other options.

3 Posts

May 13th, 2011 10:00

I have dell Inspiron N4010 Core i5 , I have integrated web cam but I cannot see "Imaging Devices" please ref. the screen shot.

1 Attachment

5 Posts

May 13th, 2011 12:00

Hey Telson thanku vry mch to snd me the most beneficial post.

M go to the device manager check the window also click the option (scan for hardware devices) but it cannot shown the yellow bang of 

of all the list of devices m checked throughout complete details or end of the list of devices it cannot show any yellow bang nd also it cannot

show (Webcam/Imaging device/Intergrated Camera).M also uninstall the complete webcam central software nd reinstall the same version again

but it shows the same error (No supported webcam connected)

plz tell me wht is the problm m so mch worried abut it thnx ...:emotion-9:

waiting for ur response ...

Best Regards

Salman.

904 Posts

May 14th, 2011 06:00

Salman, dtrips

At this point the Webcam is not getting detected by your computer, it could be a wire gone lose. Did it stop working all of a sudden ?.

If the system is still under warranty i would recommend getting in touch with Technical Support for a quick resolution.

If the system is not under warranty then we can try Reinstalling Windows or performing PC Restore to rule out any possibility of driver corruption entirely, Please follow the article below for the same.

How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft® Windows® on a Dell™ Computer

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 14th, 2011 14:00

Not sure if this will help or not...

Webcam is not functioning

or

Installing Dell Webcam Central

Rick

No Events found!