Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2013 14:00

Dell Inspiron N4110 Bios Flash assistance.

Hi, I have an Inspiron N4110 and I was getting hard drive errors, couldn't use the recovery partition so I said whatever and completely wiped the hard drive and stuck my Dell Operating System install disk. When it was close to done, it fails and now the BIOS doesn't recognize. The BIOS hasn't been updated since the computer was purchased about two years ago so I figured I'd start there. However updating the BIOS seems to be a bit complicated with this machine as Dell doesn't offer a CD install method. First off this scares the crap out of me and second, I don't have a bootable DOS system to run the BIOS flash. Anyone know of a way to update BIOS via CD?

2 Posts

I tried that from an article online, as I understand it you point it to an install disk but I get i386 errors. Probably because all of my discs are 64bit no?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

While you can make a Windows boot CD (you'll need a working system and a full Windows install disc to do so - along with a copy of something like BartPE or nLite), it won't fix the drive - you need a new hard drive.

BartPE:

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

No Events found!