Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2013 13:00

Dell Inspiron keeps freezing

My laptop starts up okay but as soon as I open some programs it freezes up everytime. I have been using it in safe mode and that seems to work better but it still occasionally freezes. I have read that I should do system restore but there are no restore points so I can't do that. I haven't downloaded any new programs in a while so i'm not sure why it's doing this all of a sudden. Its only a few months old. Does anyone have any suggestions?

14 Posts

It is an Inspiron N411Z and Windows 7 Home Premium is installed on the computer.

1.5K Posts

Hi list011,

Welcome to the community.

Please let us know the model number of the system you have and the version of Windows installed on the same.

If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

1.5K Posts

April 2nd, 2013 14:00

Hi list011,

Thanks for your reply. Does it freeze while running any specific application?

Kindly check the link below to run hardware diagnostics on the system:

http://dell.to/YwE6RB

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

14 Posts

April 3rd, 2013 10:00

I got the error code 2000-0142

1.5K Posts

April 3rd, 2013 12:00

Hi list011,

Thanks for your reply. This error indicates hard drive failure and would need replacement.  

If the system is under warranty then please send me a private message by clicking on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your service tag and contact information so I may access your system records.

And, if the system is out of warranty then you contact our Expired Warranty Support at the link below:

http://dell.to/YJeelQ

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

January 19th, 2016 17:00

Hi Sandeep, 

I have the same issue with mine wich is only one month old (not even!) and have not downloaded anything other than Chrome. 

It just started happening one week ago. Plus the screen goes black for instants from time to time. Such a dissapointment.

Its an Inspiron 5559 Service Tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

with windows 10.

I already runned the online Dell check up and it found no malfunction, not even in the 3hour memory check.

1 Message

March 30th, 2016 13:00

Hello,

I have the same problem on my laptop - Dell Ispiron 1525. Please help me.

Thank you in advance

No Events found!