Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 16th, 2013 11:00

Dell Inspiron n5110 USB 3.0 not working

Hi. 
I own a Dell Inspiron n5110 win 7 laptop. About 1 month ago suddenly my usb3.0 ports stopped working. 
I tried everything including updating the drivers, reinstalling the chipset driver but nothing worked. 
Finally I reinstalled my windows and did the same things but that did notwork too. 
I am now completely hopeless and dont know what to do. I just want to know how could I be sure that this problem is 
a hardware damage or just a software-related? 
I should add that usb 2.0 port and eSATA port are working fine and also when I stick my external hardware to USB 3.0 ports its drive starts working and the its light is turned on even though I don't see anything on windows. 
Thanks for your help. 

Regards.

2.2K Posts

January 17th, 2013 11:00

Hi zwaezi,

Thank you for the reply. 

USB 3.0 needs replacement as you have mentioned that you have already re-installed the operating system and it did not fix the issue.

I would suggest you to run Pre Boot system Assessment (PSA Diagnostics) as well to determine any other hardware issue. To launch PSA diagnostics, please press and hold the “Fn” key while turning on the system. Hold it down until the diagnostic starts. Click the link below for additional information about PSA diagnostics and error codes:

http://dell.to/OUGnqT

Please make a note of the error code if you get any.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell  

2.2K Posts

January 16th, 2013 13:00

Hi zwaezi,

Please install Wistron USB3.0-Host Controller using the link mentioned below:

http://dell.to/WoeGWO

In case it still does not work, USB 3.0 needs replacement as you have mentioned that you have already re-installed the operating system.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell  

9 Posts

January 17th, 2013 00:00

BTW when I wanted to install Wistron USB3.0-Host Controller  even though I uninstalled the current driver and restarted the laptop, I get the error " A later version of " Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 host controller Driver" is already installed on this machine. The setup cannot continue".

What should I do?

9 Posts

January 17th, 2013 00:00

Thanks. Can you give me any information about what can cause such a damage to my USB 3.0 event though I have only used that for mouse connection?

1 Message

November 21st, 2013 09:00

Please install Wistron USB3.0-Host Controller using the link mentioned below:

http://dell.to/WoeGWO

In case , USB 3.0 needs replacement /or not working as you have mentioned that you have already re-installed the operating system.

nks & Regards

Manshu S

2 Posts

May 21st, 2014 19:00

I wish this worked in accordance to the instructions.  The instructions for installation say "

Type "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\HCP1C" (where 'HCP1C' is the name of the file)"  after extracting, there is no file located with that name.  Clicking on the setup application does nothing.  

Please help. Thank you.

2 Posts

May 21st, 2014 19:00

When extracting, the folder that is created with all of the files is named

"R309746"

There is a setup.exe application in the folder when clicking, does nothing.  How can I install these drivers? 

No Events found!