Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2012 04:00

Dell Latitude C610 wireless card driver problem

I download the driver and when I try to install it there is no setup file. I have used different browsers flash drives when I use my usual one it says it can't download to that location so I use another flash drive I don't get the setup file. I have windows a P3 with XP pro on it. Any help would be apreciated.

• 

3.3K Posts

November 14th, 2012 07:00

Hi irishman1952,

The wireless card will be listed as 'Network Controller' either under 'Network Adapters' or 'Other devices' in 'Device Manager'. Right click on the Network Controller and follow the steps given in the previous post to download the wirelelss card driver.

• 

3.3K Posts

November 12th, 2012 05:00

Hi irishman1952,

Yes, you are correct. The given driver does not have installer.

Please follow the below givens steps to update the driver:

1. Go to Start Menu.
  2. Right-click on My Computer.
  3. Select Properties.
  4. The System Properties window will come up.  Click on the Hardware tab.
  5. Click on Device Manager button
  6. The Device Manager window will come up.  Double-click on ‘Network adapters’ item.  The item will expand to show Dell TrueMobile 1150 Series Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card item.
  7. Double-click on the Dell TrueMobile 1150 Series Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card item.
  8. The Dell TrueMobile 1150 Series Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card Properties window will come up.  Click on the Driver tab.
  9. Click on the Update Driver button
  10. The Upgrade Device Driver Wizard window will come up.
  11. Select “Install From a list of specific location (Advanced)” choice
  12. Click Next
  13. Uncheck “Search removable media (floppy, CD-ROM…)”, and check the “Include this location in the search” box
  14. In the dialog box, type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R69905\Drivers or the name of the folder that you unzipped the R69905.exe file to plus \Drivers.
  15. Click Next
  16. Click Finish
  17. Click Close to close the “Dell TrueMobile 1150 Series Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card Properties” window
  18. Close the Device Manager window.
  19. Click OK to close the System Properties window.

10 Posts

November 12th, 2012 06:00

Trueblue is not there in network adpters.

10 Posts

November 13th, 2012 07:00

All I have is the network card driver no wireless card listed but it is installed.

No Events found!