Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

M

June 23rd, 2007 02:00

Dell Latitude D620 Sigmatel Audio driver

i just rebooted my computer with windows xp and i tried to install the driver..it would install and tell you to restart the computer to complete it and when i do that and it would bring back up the installation screen and says theres an error saying the driving isnt right for the system or something.. any help??

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 23rd, 2007 11:00

After you have performed an Operating System reinstallation, you should first install Dell Notebook System Software (find it under System & Configuration Utilities), next and most importantly Intel Mobile Chipset (find under Chipset), then the Sigmatel audio and other drivers in that order. All of these are on the downloads page for your computer model and operating system.

In some few cases there is still a problem with the installation after following the procedure above, follow this tip from forum member rpilT2005: check in the Device Manager for a "PCI Device" with a yellow question mark next to it, under the "System Devices" grouping. Hit 'update driver' on that one, and it should find the driver.

Jim

June 23rd, 2007 19:00

For other users do this
1.Notebook System Software
2.Intel Mobile Chipset
3.go to hardware device manager->look for pci device->click update driver
4.Sigmatel Audio

it should work

1 Message

August 2nd, 2012 22:00

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC fails to install when I try. Just updated my drivers. Have Windows Vista. Can someone please tell me whats wrong?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 3rd, 2012 05:00

It is because if you have a Latitude D620 model then your audio driver is a Sigmatel, not IDT.

1 Message

September 24th, 2012 14:00

¸n

No Events found!