Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 14th, 2012 11:00

Dell Latitude E6500 and Windows 8

Dears,

I have a Dell notebook - Latitude E6500 - which supports windows 7. I wonder does it support windows 8 as well? because i could not find the related drivers in the official website of Dell (Drivers&Download). If it supports, does it mean i can use the same drivers as win 7?

IN advance, Thank you ;)

2.6K Posts

November 14th, 2012 14:00

Hi danialarj,

Yes the latitude E6500 is compatible with windows 8 operating system, as the system qualifies for the basic hard ware requirements for windows 8 operating system, but the support.dell.com web site is not updated with the compatible drivers as Latitude E6500 was only tested on windows XP, vista and 7 operating systems.

You can run the windows 8 upgrade assistant from the below link to check if the system is compatible with windows 8 operating system.

Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-to-windows-8

If the assistant is asking for a specific driver for a particular hardware please try installing the drivers for windows 7 in compatibility mode or you need to install the driver from the hardware manufacturer’s website.

Please reply for any help.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 15th, 2012 07:00

If you do a clean install the only things not recognized are the Chipset and Broadcomm USH.

I would update the bios to the latest version since windows 8 is not supported for bios updates.

The other way to go about this is to get a new hard drive and try windows 8 on a clean drive.

That way if you don't like it you can swap back.

Broadcomm Unified Security Hub Driver for  E6500.

htttp:/ftp.us.dell.com/control%20Point/

DELL_CONTROLPOINT-CONNECTION_A11_R207458.exe   32 bit
DELL_CONTROLPOINT-CONNECTION_A11_R207459.exe   64 bit

USH  run as admin  compatibility  Vista SP2

No Events found!