Highlighted

Dell PC Restore by Symantec for Inspiron 1150

Hi,

I bought an Inspiron 1150 in Dec 2004. Made a few changes and ran into install/unstall problems with McAfee Security Suite and conflicts with I Hate Spam software, therefore messing up my computer's performance.

I want to restore the notebook to factory default using the Dell PC Restore by Symantec. If I do this, do I still have to install all the discs that came with my notebook? My notebook came already pre-installed with Windoxs XP, McAfee, Wordperfect, Encarta, AOL, Adobe 6, etc. Physical discs are provided to replace them if erased.

Please advise.
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Dell PC Restore by Symantec for Inspiron 1150

If you want all of your old programs, then yes. If not, no.
0 Kudos

Do I have to re-install Windows XP using the disc? Or does Dell PC Restore by Symantec does that for me?

0 Kudos
ejn63
Diamond

The Symantec Restore reinstalls Windows for you. It also wipes out any data you have stored, so back up what you need to, first.
0 Kudos
bacillus
Diamond

xp & all your original programs will be restored.
you will loose all your additional data so backup before you use it.

0 Kudos

I did it! Dell PC Restore by Symantec is an awesome tool!  Smiley Happy

It restored all programs that came pre-installed with my notebook (i.e. Windows XP, Encarta, Adobe, etc.). I did not have to install the discs that came with the package, they are back-ups of the pre-installed applications. These discs are to be used only if I reformatted the hard drive in a way different than the Dell PC Restore by Symantec.
0 Kudos
bacillus
Diamond

Well done!
0 Kudos