Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

November 25th, 2017 11:00

Dell Precision M6700 wifi borked

Hello

The wifi on my dell laptop seems to have failed. Intel 6300 card.

I thought it might be a driver or dodgy windows something or other so did a clean install of windows but the same issue persists:

When first starting laptop wifi networks are seen. I try to connect to mine. (Or indeed any) it asks for a password. I enter password. It asks if I want my lappy to be seen on the network, I click on ok, and it immediately says it cannot connect to this network. When I click ok it then clears all networks and says no networks found.

In device manager I can see network adaptors including the 6300 however under WAN miniport (IP) is an alert which states 'windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56)

I do not know if this was the issue before the reinstall of windows.

I am starting to suspect the card is physically knackered. It seated ok etc but any hints and tips here much appreciated.

10 Posts

November 25th, 2017 11:00

Incidentally its windows fall anniversary and I downloaded the latest drivers direct from intel.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 25th, 2017 13:00

When you do a clean install of Windows, you would need to re-install all the drivers starting withe chipset.

10 Posts

November 25th, 2017 14:00

Hello with respect I would ask you read my post. I only did the reinstall because of the issues. The reinstall has not sorted the issues but the issues were very much present before.

I will of course put an ethernet cable in and update everything, but the self same symptoms of showing all the wifi networks, then failing to connect then the wifi networks disappearing was before and after a clean install of windows.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 25th, 2017 16:00

Hello with respect I would ask you read my post. I only did the reinstall because of the issues. 

I did read your post. Hence the reply.

If you choose to ignore it, fine.

Not my problem.

10 Posts

November 26th, 2017 02:00

I have now done the updates, used dells checker tool thing.

Problem still persists. As I expected it would.

I have ordered another wifi card lets see what that does.

No Events found!