Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2009 21:00

Dell Studio 15 Hardware Problem

Hi,  I have a Dell Studio 15.  I got it for christmas in 2008.  But I'm having a problem with it, The touch sensitive buttons at the top  The eject button will light up and it keep trying to eject the CD drive.  And I cant use any of the other Touch sensitive buttons until about 5 minutes after its done trying to eject 50 times.  Any ideas on how to fix it?  Its annoying if your watching a movie or installing something and then it ejects and messes up your movie, install.   Thanks if you can help.

1 Message

June 18th, 2009 12:00

I had a similar problem with my new Studio 15.  I reinstalled drivers from one of the discs that come with the computer and now it works fine.

5 Posts

June 18th, 2009 16:00

Oh, I have reformatted and reinstalled Vista and the Drivers many times.  It doesn't help.  I really want to get this fixed.  Its annoying. :emotion-39:

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 18th, 2009 18:00

DanielINC,

Did you do a clean installation or one from the factory image?

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

If this was a clean installation, did you follow the instructions How to Install Drivers in Microsoft® Windows® on Dell Systems?

Does this seem to be your problem?

Rick

5 Posts

June 18th, 2009 20:00

I used the Dell Windows Vista Premium 32 bit CD that came with the Computer., And the Driver CD that came with the computer.  I just booted the PC from the CD rom  and reformatted with the Vista CD and reinstalled.  Then installed the drivers after windows booted up.  I dont know if this helps with what you were asking but oh well. 

5 Posts

June 18th, 2009 21:00

Ill try that. And btw my computer came like this when I opened it.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 18th, 2009 21:00

DanielINC,

I would have tried the factory image first. Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

Since you installed using the disk, then read this.

The Desktop/Notebook Utility needs to be installed first, then the chipset drivers. If they are NOT installed first, then the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

:emotion-55: Hint :emotion-55: When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 18th, 2009 22:00

DanielINC,

If it's still under waranty, then I'd contact Dell.

Rick

5 Posts

June 18th, 2009 22:00

I did everything you said to do.  I havent had the problem yet.  I will wait afew days and see if it happens anymore.

No Events found!