Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2012 04:00

Dell Studio 1555 did not start up

Hi,

I'm using Dell Studio 1555. I've use it around 3 years. Last week my laptop start making up problem.

Firstly it will suddenly restart while i'm using it. Sometimes it will come up blank screen and need me to restart back.

After that during start up my dell logo will take times to pop up. And will ask me to repair my window.

I've read some post here said that it maybe because of the CMOS battery and I've already change it and dell logo is pop up a little bist faster than before.

But right now my laptop could not be start up. When I power up, the LED button at the On/off button is ok.

The fan also running. When I plug in my Iphone it will be charge but there is nothing on the screen.

I've also put on external monitor but also didn't show anything.

And also there is no sound @ beep during my start up.

Please help me!!!

TQ

1.8K Posts

September 30th, 2012 04:00

Hi Phoniex_pog,

You can run diagnostics on your computer to check the hardware functionality of your computer following the steps below:

• Please restart the system.
  • As soon as you see the blue Dell logo, start tapping the ‘F12’ key which is at the top of the keyboard.

Note: If you wait too long and the 'Microsoft Windows' appears, then continue to wait until you see the Windows desktop. Now shutdown your computer and try again.

• After you tap ‘F12’ key, a new window would appear in front of you. Use the 'Down' arrow key to highlight the option “Diagnostics”

Note: (If Boot to the Utility partition option is not there then you will have a “Diagnostics” option to select which starts the diagnostics directly.)

• When you get a prompt 'Were color bars displayed?’. Press 'Y' in case the color bars are displayed else press 'N'.
  • Continue running the test till you get a message: No errors found so far. Would you like to continue the remaining memory steps? It might take more than 30 minutes. Press 'N' and restart the computer.

Please make a note of error message if you get any. If all the tests pass, then it is an issue with the Operating system of your computer.

Try using your computer in safe mode and see if it works:

• Restart the computer.
  • Tap the F8 key on the keyboard during the boot process until you see the Windows Advanced Options Menu on the screen.
  • Select “Safe Mode with Networking” from the menu using the arrow keys on the keyboard and then press the key.
  • Select the user account at the log in screen.
  • If you are able to use your system there, you can try system restore and see if it works.

You can also perform system restore outside Operating system. For more information on that you can refer to the link: http://dell.to/PjplNA

Please reply in case you have further questions. 

1.8K Posts

September 30th, 2012 05:00

Hi Phoniex_pog,

It seems like an issue with the motherboard of your computer and may require a motherboard replacement. I am adding you as a friend; please accept my friend request and send me a private message with the system Service Tag so that I can check the system warranty details and help you further.

Please reply with the information.

Hi..

Thanks for the reply. Right now I can't start up my laptop.

There is nothing on the screen when I power up.No dell logo appear.

Is there any other method to run the diagnostic?

TQ

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

My power button is in solid condition. It's not blinking.

I've try also your suggestion as per above but still nothing happen.

Is there anything that I can try?

Thanks.

Hi..

Thanks for the reply. Right now I can't start up my laptop.

There is nothing on the screen when I power up.No dell logo appear.

Is there any other method to run the diagnostic?

TQ

1.8K Posts

Hi Phoniex_pog,

Thank you for the quick response. Please let me know the status light on power button (solid or blinking white).  Drain out the residual power following the steps below:

• Power off your computer. 
  • Please remove the AC adaptor and battery of your computer.
  • Press and hold the power button of your computer for 10-15 seconds to drain out the residual power.
  • Release the power button.
  • Insert the battery and connect the AC adaptor.
  • Then try powering on the computer.

If the issue is still not resolved, reseat the memory of your computer following the steps below:

• Power off your computer.
  • Remove all the external peripherals (like printers, scanners, any USB device) connected to the computer.
  • Remove the battery and base cover.

Use your fingertips to carefully spread apart the securing clips on each end of the memory module connector until the module pops up.

Remove the module from the connector.

Align the notch in the module edge connector with the tab in the connector slot.

Slide the module firmly into the slot at a 45-degree angle, and press the module down until it clicks into place. If you do not hear the click, remove the module and reinstall it. Then try powering on the computer. If it still does not work, you can swap the memory modules and try one at a time in each slot to check if it works.

For more information, you can refer to the link: http://dell.to/QChcYU

Please reply with the findings.

September 30th, 2012 06:00

Hi Mr Chinmay,

I've accepted already and send you a PM for my service tag no.

Thanks.

1.8K Posts

September 30th, 2012 12:00

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response. I have received the system service tag. The warranty of your computer has expired. You can get in touch with any local technician or Dell technical support at : http://dell.to/QDqG65 to get this issue resolved.

1 Message

February 17th, 2013 02:00

sir,

I am also facing the same problem from last week. I have also tried reinstalling the RAM cards as you mentioned, but nothing happened.

The LED of power button lights and fan is also working but the lcd isn't showing anything.

Need your help...

Thank You

No Events found!