Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2013 09:00

Dell Studio 16 XPS Laptop Bluetooth Problem

I have a Studio 16 (64 bit) laptop. I upgraded from the original Windows Vista to Windows 7. I have 2 Android devices, a Samsung Galaxy III and an Asus Transformer Prime Tablet. I cannot seem to be able to get the Bluetooth to communicate with these 2 devices. I reinstalled the Dell Bluetooth driver and have been able to see the devices in the Show Bluetooth Devices Window, but when I right click on the device there is the yellow triangle icon next to the word Troubleshoot. When I click on troubleshoot, the system does a diagnosis and says "The driver for the Bluetooth Peripheral Device is not installed. Install the latest driver for the device." I click on "Apply this Fix" the system searches for a driver and then gives me the message "Device driver software was not successfully installed. No driver found." Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

October 22nd, 2013 10:00

Hi imnotechie,

I’d glad to assist you regarding the same,

1. Please also attach the screen shot of the Device manager will all the devices expanded
2. Please click on the below link which has steps to connect to the Bluetooth device.
http://dell.to/160xSk8

3.Also let us know if the issue occurred after you’ve upgraded the OS from Windows Vista to Windows 7 OS.
4. Please let us know as how the Operating system upgrade was done.

Please complete the steps and let us know your findings.

4 Posts

October 23rd, 2013 12:00

I uninstalled the driver for my Bluetooth Card (370). I did check on the Dell website for my original configuration and reinstalled the driver. The Bluetooth screen still shows a problem with my Samsung Galaxy III Phone, but not the Asus Transformer Prime Tablet. I did successfully send a file both ways to and from the Tablet. I purchased a new copy of Windows 7 and installed it on a new SS hard drive probably 2 years ago. After loading Win 7 I did experience problems with the CD/DVD button not working and the touch pad interface software disappearing but these 2 problems have since been resolved.

October 24th, 2013 05:00

Hi imnotechie,

Thank you for your observations, as the Asus tablet is detected and working fine on your computer.
Please try connecting your Samsung phone to another computer and let us know if the Bluetooth is functional on the other computer.
At the same time also check connecting any other phone to this computer and let us know if your computer detects the phone and its Bluetooth function. Also please provide us the screen shot of the Device manager.

Let us know if this helps.

No Events found!