Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 16th, 2012 04:00

Dell Studio 1737 charging problem

Suddenly out of the blue my Dell Studio 1737 will not charge. The battery is totally dead (making me think it is a battery problem) and when I plug the charger in both the charge light and the blue charger light flicker until the charge light on the laptop goes out, normally about 2 seconds after plugging in.

Although it is hard to tell it seems as though they flicker alternately as though when one is on the other goes off. The blue light dims considerably when the laptop charge light is on and once the laptop charge light disappears altogether the blue light of the charger stays on like normal?

I will be very grateful for any support, it is quite urgent I get it fixed!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 16th, 2012 04:00

Check the BIOS setup - is the AC adapter listed as "unknown"?  F2 at powerup.

If it is, the battery will not charge.   Try another Dell adapter -- if that doesn't solve the problem, the system needs a new power jack or a mainboard repair or replacement.

3.3K Posts

July 19th, 2012 18:00

Hi,

Welcome to dell community forum.

I recommend you to check with a known good adapter, if known good adapter works fine that means it should be an issue with the original adapter. If the computer works fine with original adapter connected the issue is not with the adapter might be an issues with the motherboard port where the adapter connects  .

Warranty status:  

www.dell.com/.../Index

Post back with the status.

If you have active warranty, you can contact me directly by clicking on my user name, add me as your friend, and send me the system service tag, phone # with address.

2 Posts

July 20th, 2012 02:00

Thank you, guys, it turned out to be the charger. Second time it has stopped working, each time with different results! Getting a bit fed up of it! But Laptop sorted now, thank you for your help!

No Events found!