Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 29th, 2013 11:00

Dell System Detect

Just went on Dell's Support site to check for new driver updates.

I used the "Analyse System for Updates" button as I usually do (last used ok about a week ago)...which initializes the "Dell System Detect" software. However, on this occasion it downloaded a new version of the software. It installed fine but now I get this:-

We're sorry
 Your product is not currently supported by the Dell Driver Analyze Utility.
to return to the Drivers & Downloads page.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

Hi unununium,

Sorry for the inconvenience. There is some maintenance going on in this feature currently. Please provide me the system model and the hardware driver you are looking for so that I can provide you an update for your system.  

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 30th, 2013 23:00

Hi unununium,

Please follow the steps mentioned below to check if the “Analyze my system for updates” is working.

1. Right click on the icon   from the taskbar (right side lower corner).

2. Select “Exit”

3. Go back to Drivers & Download page and click on “Analyze my system for updates” again.

If still getting same error as mentioned above, Please follow next steps.

4. Go to Programs and Features. Uninstall “Dell System Detect” software. Follow the onscreen instructions. Restart the computer.

5. Go back to Drivers & Download page and click on “Analyze my system for updates” again to re-install Dell System detect and scan the system for driver updates.

Please let me know if this helps.

78 Posts

Hi Ravi,

Ahhhh righto that's probably what the problem is then.

I have all the latest drivers installed to date...at least I thought I did.

I just used one of those 3rd party driver update applications (SlimDriver) and was surprised when it identified 16 out of date drivers. Admittedly the drivers it sourced were direct from the manufacturers sites, i.e Intel, Realtek, Qualcomm Atheros but all went in fine and there are no problems in Device Manager.

I just wanted to see if Dell's analyse tool would recognise the newer drivers and not offer any others. I guess I'll check back in a week or so and see if they have finished with their maintenance.

Thanks for your help mate. I'll close this thread now.

78 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 10:00

Hi,

Yes tried all above but still getting same message when trying to use the tool. I've also tried doing all above in both IE10 (32 bit) and Chrome. Are Dell still performing maintenance on the tool?

PS one thing I have noticed with the updated utility, which the old one never used to do,  is that it creates this start-up entry:-

Yes HKCU:Run DellSystemDetect C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Dell\Dell System Detect.appref-ms

*Uninstalling Dell System Detect from add/remove programs leaves this entry intact and I have to delete it manually via CCleaner.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 4th, 2013 14:00

Hi unununium,

Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase and email address so that I can check with concerned team and get back to you. To send a private message, click on my name and select start conversation.

June 6th, 2013 15:00

I am having the same issues on my 17R running Windows 7, please continue to post a fix.

June 6th, 2013 17:00

I am having the same issues on my 17R running Windows 7,but it continues in a loop, I follow the procedure but still tell me to update analyzer without going any farther.    please continue to post a fix.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 7th, 2013 12:00

Hi Bryan R,

Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase and email address so that I can check with concerned team and get back to you. To send a private message, click on my name and select start conversation.

15 Posts

June 8th, 2013 11:00

I have a new Dell Vostro 3560 (i7, 8GB, Win8 Pro) and when I try to update my drivers I get the message "Dell System Detect Update Required" every time. I tried exiting the software like suggested in the website, I completely uninstalled the software, nothing seems to work.

Every time the same message:

Dell System Detect Update Required                        

Please install the newest version of Dell System Detect in order to complete your task.                        

Here’s how:

1. In your computer's task bar (lower right corner) find the Download Manager icon: Dell Download Manager                                  

2. Right click on the icon and select "Exit" from the menu.                        

3. Once you have exited, return to this window and click the                                  Install Now                                 button below to continue.

This happens in both IE10 and Google Chrome since last Thursday.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a solution to my problem?

June 8th, 2013 11:00

I'm waiting for a private message for Ravi for the answer.

5 Posts

June 15th, 2013 14:00

How do I get the Updated system detect software?

5 Posts

June 15th, 2013 14:00

I am having the same exact problem. I did exactly what you said. unistalled the dell system detect and reinstalled on the page that says go to taskbar and exit from the system detect click here to install update software...I am still getting same error. Over and over and over.

Angela

5 Posts

June 15th, 2013 15:00

How do you sent a private message to Ravi? I am new here don't have a clue what I am doing.

June 15th, 2013 16:00

i bought a laptop from a garage sale  and when i turn it on it is asking for  an administrator or system password. what do i do

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 15th, 2013 16:00

If the seller can't provide the password, return it for a refund.  

No Events found!