Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

September 8th, 2011 07:00

Dell Vostro 1015 wifi and bluetooth not working.

Team,

Please note that I have taken a Dell Vostro 1015 laptop but I am not be able to activate Wifi and Bluetooth for my internet connection.

And my OS is Windows 7 64 bit.

I have downloaded Wifi driver from Dell website but that is not working in in my laptop.

Error is comming this software not supported your laptop.

Kindly advise which version shall I download or kindly forward me link to download the Wifi driver and bluetooth driver which support my laptop.

Your assistance will be appreciate if you reply faster on my mail.

Thanks & Regards

Neel

904 Posts

September 8th, 2011 08:00

Hi aman,

Have you reinstalled the OS by any chance ? there would be a key on your keyboard to activate your wifi (F2) if i am not wrong, if you could post a screenshot of your device manager (right click on computer > manage> device manager) with the network adapters expanded i could help you with the right wireless software.

Also do check under network and sharing center > change adapter settings if the wireless adapter is disabled, if its not much of a problem a screen shot of the same would be great.

11 Posts

March 14th, 2012 12:00

Hi Neel,

I had same problem,but yesterday i chat with one dell representative and got solution, My Problem was:

1. Previously My Dell Vostro 1015 have Windows XP and Everything working fine Except "Fn+F11"
2. I Formatted XP With Windows 7 But by Default it taking 64 & 86 bit. not Showing 32 bit option, i Choose 64 bit
3. After Installation my Fn+11 key Not Working, Wifi & Bluetooth not Working, I installed every driver as other web suggested, none of them working, check device Mgr,Updated Driver, Done Every thing as u think.

At last i talk dell representative he send me link i download the driver and my Fn+11 Key, Wifi,Bluetooth Working Fine.
please try the link and download this Size " R288378(91.1 MB) " http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R288378.exe"

Thanks & Regards
Shyam

1 Message

April 16th, 2012 03:00

Dear Sir

I have the same problem . I formmated my DELL vostro 1015 with windows xp as it was .

I tried many drivers def. but no use , I have recived a message ( press Fn+F11)to complete instulling and (Fn+F11) didnot work.

Also when I open device manager  there is (USB) with yellow  color that means it needs a def.

Plz. help me

Thanks

Nazar

11 Posts

April 16th, 2012 12:00

R288378(91.1 MB) " ftp.us.dell.com/.../R288378.exe" ( Wifi & Bluetooth Windows 7)

https://en.kioskea.net/.../affich-188746-dell-vostro-1014-wifi-driver-for-xp

Ethernet - ftp.us.dell.com/.../R223644.exe (DONE)

Bluetooth (Dell 355) - ftp.us.dell.com/.../R161378.exe (DONE)

Wi-Fi (Dell Wi-Fi 1397)- ftp.us.dell.com/.../R189133.exe (DONE)

Modem - ftp.us.dell.com/.../R223642.exe ()

Manual steps to install the Wi-Fi –

1. Extract the files normally

2. In device manager ---> Right click on Network Controller

3. Select Next ---> Choose to install driver from a specific path

4. While searching for compatible driver in a specific location ---> Browse and add the extracted folder (C:\DELL\Drivers\R189133\Driver\)

If None of Working Download these Driver From Web,

R161378,R189133,R223642,R223644

Thanks

Shyam

1 Message

June 8th, 2012 22:00

Fn+f11 key is not working and i have not blutooth drive

1 Message

June 14th, 2012 08:00

hello,

PLEASE HELP ME TO GET WIRELESS DRIVERS FOR DELL VOSTRO 1015

i have tried a lot to install the drivers for two years now.its just not working,

my OS is windows 7 and i tried downloading as it has been said above yet does not work.

PLEASE HELP

THANKS,

MEERA

11 Posts

June 14th, 2012 09:00

Hi Meera,

Please download this Driver and Install, Sure it will work. I early face same problem as you described.

ftp.us.dell.com/.../R288378.exe

Regards

Shyam

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 14th, 2012 11:00

1 Message

June 20th, 2012 04:00

sir ur post was very use full for me i cud find wifi n webcam bt still im unable to use it though the wifi drivers are all set nd bluetooth drivers are giving prob

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 20th, 2012 15:00

karamjeet,

Are you having problems with anything? If so, can you explain.

Rick

1 Message

October 17th, 2012 10:00

I need bluetooth driver and wifi driver 

11 Posts

October 18th, 2012 12:00

Hi Rameshwaran,

Please refer my earlier post in same page you will get your problem solution there.

Regards

Shyam

1 Message

November 9th, 2012 15:00

Is this really works in xp??? hmmm

wifi and bluetooth is my problem it's not working  :emotion-9: 

I am a vostro 1015 user

if it doesnt work i'll change again my OS with Win7 :emotion-2:

1 Message

December 14th, 2012 07:00

hi 

this is abinash , 1st of all thanking u for the suggestion, but i could not solve my problem with this so kindly give me the  dell representative contact no. that i talk with them

thanks

1 Message

March 31st, 2013 11:00

Team,

Please note that I have taken a Dell Vostro 1015 laptop but I am not be able to activate Wifi and Bluetooth for my internet connection.

I have downloaded Wifi driver from Dell website but that is not working in in my laptop.

Kindly advise which version shall I download or kindly forward me link to download the Wifi driver and bluetooth driver which support my laptop.

Thanks & Regards

Neel

Team,

Thanks & Regards

Neel

No Events found!