Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 28th, 2013 08:00

Dell Vostro 3560 Webcam driver missing...

Hi,

Using Win7 Pro x64 and tried to manage to install webcam central but webcam driver is missing - cant find it under drivers.

Software is there but useless - where could i find driver for my dell?

For smart-donkeys - i do not have any ressource CD's nor could I download it again via my downloads. 

Any ideas?

Br,

Kt.

3.3K Posts

Hi Kt,

Check if webcam is detected in Device manager. Follow below steps to check if the webcam is detected in device manager:

• Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Check if webcam is detected under imaging device.

I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the webcam drivers.

To uninstall the Dell webcam central software, perform the following steps:

1. Click Start.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Using the drop-down menu next to View by: in the upper-right corner, select Large Icons.
  4. Click Programs and Features.
  5. Click Dell Webcam Central.
  6. Click Uninstall.
  7. Confirm the uninstall process by clicking OK.
  8. Once uninstalled restart the computer.

I have provided a link below to reinstall the webcam drivers.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Also, run diagnostics on webcam.

http://dell.to/TjfHhO

Under component select camera and click on Run diagnostics.

Awaiting your response!

2 Posts

Allthough I cannot run diagnostics your SW helped. Diagnostics gives just error: unable to run - please start manually. When starting manually - nothing happens :S

Thank you for solution tho :)

3.3K Posts

March 4th, 2013 15:00

Hi Kt,

Is the issue with the webcam resolved? Kindly let me know the status.

Awaiting your response!

807 Posts

July 8th, 2013 10:00

3 Posts

July 8th, 2013 10:00

Hi there

I have just received the same laptop model (Vostro 3560) last week and encountered exactly the same problem. Tried nearly every method recommended in the forums (eg. uninstalling/reinstalling Webcam Central, looking for the webcam in Device Manager) but so far no result. Webcam Central still doesn't detect my webcam.

Any help would be most appreciated.

3 Posts

July 10th, 2013 00:00

Thanks Paul. Which driver am I looking at? I can't seem to find any relevant downloads on the page.

October 6th, 2013 09:00

Hi Rajesh,

I'm having the same issue with my Vostro 3560. The webcam worked fine for the first few months I got it, then one day I tried going on a Google Hangout and the system no longer recognized the webcam. I had previously been in several Google Hangouts with no issues, so Hangouts is not the cause.

I just ran the diagnostic as you suggested in your post, and received this message:

Notice Alert Icon  A diagnostic category was specified and the applicable device does not exist.

What now?

• 

3.3K Posts

October 6th, 2013 10:00

Hi BOBMULHOLLAND,

In case you have already performed the steps suggested by Dell-Rajesh, I request you to load BIOS defaults and check. Tap F2 key at start up to open BIOS screen. Press F9 to load defaults and F10 to save and exit from BIOS.

In case the issue persist even after loading BIOS defaults, if you are comfortable I recommend you to reseat the Webcam cable and check. Please find the link below for the service manual:

http://bit.ly/YOrURg

Let me know the status 

November 16th, 2013 08:00

Hi SUJATHA,

Sorry for the late reply, I'm a very busy person and haven't had time to spend on this in a few months.

BIOS defaults didn't work, so your second suggestion is that I reseat the webcam cable. Do you mean that I should take the laptop apart and mess around with the wires? If that's what you meant, I'm definitely not comfortable with that.

My laptop is still under warranty. Isn't this something that your company should be fixing for me since you sold me a faulty piece of machinery?

November 25th, 2013 06:00

Why has nobody replied to me in almost 2 weeks?

I understand that I didn't reply to your last message in several weeks, but you get paid to answer my questions, so I expect you to answer them promptly. 

...or are you waiting for my warranty to run out before you answer me?

November 28th, 2013 02:00

Three more days and still nothing. Hello? Sujatha, where are you? [tag:DoYouStillWorkForDell_3F00_]

• 

3.3K Posts

November 28th, 2013 11:00

Hi BobMulholland,

I am sorry for responding late. If the system is under warranty, you don’t have to reseat the camera. Send me a private message with the system service tag to assist you further. Please click on my name and click Start Conversation to send me a private message.

Also provide your first and last name as registered when system was purchased, email address, address, telephone number, best time to call, through a private message.

3 Posts

December 2nd, 2013 14:00

Hi I'm having the same issue with my webcam (see my previous posts above). Tried nearly every suggestion offered (except for reseating the camera which I'm NOT comfortable with). My system is still under warranty. I spoke to a Dell technician over the phone few months ago but he couldn't give any definite solution as well.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 2nd, 2013 18:00

ctirtha,

You're under warranty, then Contact Dell Technical Support and they will setup a repair.

Rick

June 20th, 2014 10:00

You idiot. You kept me waiting for weeks, and then replied when my warranty had only a couple days left in it. 

Don't try and tell me you didn't know my warranty was about to run out, either. The email address I'm logged in with while writing this is the same email address attached to my warranty, so you knew damn well that if you ignored me long enough, I wouldn't be able to get help without paying your company for it. 

Well, here's what happened because of your incompetence:

I recovered all the important data off my laptop and then threw the piece of junk off a bridge. Then I went out and bought a Lenovo. 

Never dealing with your shady company again.

No Events found!