Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 30th, 2010 05:00

Dell Webcam driver

I have a Dell Studio 1555 running on Windows 7 and I cannot find a driver for my webcam.Can someone help?

1 Message

January 30th, 2010 05:00

I too have a problem with my Dell XPS M-1210 with integrated logitech webcam running on Windows 7-32 bit OS. I would appreciated if someone can provide us with the solution for the drivers....Thanks...

28 Posts

January 30th, 2010 07:00

I chased this problem for days and finally found a post that said the integrated webcam is rubbish anyway. Just buy a new external webcam for $30 that has the w7 drivers:).

7 Posts

January 30th, 2010 08:00

Hi I have also just bought a dell 1555 and the webcam is not working

i can not find a driver for win 7.

When open dell webcam manager I receive "No supported webcam driver detected"

help :)

3 Posts

January 30th, 2010 10:00

I am not going to accept that i bought a laptop with a onboard web camera and I can't use it.Dell should pay more attention to the needs of  those who buy their products. The lack of a driver shows a lack of interest from them.Buying an external web camera is not a solution.

4.6K Posts

January 30th, 2010 12:00

Did the laptop have Windows 7 pre-installed, or Vista?

If it had Vista pre-installed, and Windows 7 drivers for the webcam aren't offered on the Drivers & Downloads page for your laptop, you took a gamble - simple as that :emotion-55:

If that's the case - you have four options: 

1.  Try the equivalent Vista drivers - i.e. 32bit or 64bit, depending on what version of Windows 7 you're using.  They've worked for many of us.

2.  Try and find suitable Windows 7 drivers elsewhere.

3. Buy an external USB webcam which supports Windows 7.

4.  Go back to Vista.

3 Posts

January 30th, 2010 12:00

Bought yesterday, a Logitech cam c-300 for Inspiron 6000, I've installed the software but the system doesn't recognize the cam which is connected to usb ports. I use these ports with the mouse and pendrives and ther'e s no poblem.

Can anyone tell me wha's going on? it seems that it's quite of a nuisance

3 Posts

January 30th, 2010 13:00

Hi, thanks, i agree about beauty and the beer holde and the beauty; the machine is a Laptop Inspirons 6000, it's about five years old roughly speaking; it does work with Windows- XP. As I said the sofware of the Logitech c-300 has been properly installed but the laptop doesn't recognize the web cam, the web cam is to be connected through usb ports. I believe that Logitech is one of the brands that are sold by Dell. The USB ports work perfectly with mouse and pendrives, but they don't seem, none of them recognize that the cam is actually plugged-in. And by the way, I plugged in the camera when I was requested by the cd, I think is the step number 2, where it  gives you the options: "cancel" or "skip"

4.6K Posts

January 30th, 2010 13:00

Bought yesterday, a Logitech cam c-300 for Inspiron 6000

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

You really ought to have started your own thread for this, but anyway... in the words of a famous UK quiz-master... "I've started - so I'll finish" :emotion-2:

What OS/version are you using - i.e. Vista Home Premium 32bit?

I use an external Logitech webcam myself (C905), and I had no problems installing the drivers and software for it, nor configuring it in WLM (Windows Live Messenger).

Did you install the drivers and software before connecting the webcam?  That's often quite important.

Try the latest drivers/software available for the C300 on the Logitech website :emotion-55:

I always prefer to get the latest drivers/software off the manufacturer's website, rather than using the CD supplied with the product, simply because the supplied disc is the same one which was included when the product was first released, and the drivers/software have almost always been updated since then.

And it's the same software used for all their webcams, so if mine's working OK, it should be OK with yours too :emotion-5:

28 Posts

January 30th, 2010 16:00

My point was, my time is worth something. If Dell can't fix it, I'm not going to keep putting hours into the elusive fix. It's clear they aren't the company they were five years ago, at least as far as support is concerned. I'll give my money to Logitech or someone else and re-think my decision to buy Dell next time. They obviously didn't understand what Windows 7 was going to mean. Sad, I've been buying Dells for personal and business use for 20 years.

7 Posts

January 30th, 2010 23:00

i have succsed to use the internal dell cam in ym

is working very bad for a 2 mb cam

i have instaled driver R168730 - is a x86 driver :( did not find one for x64

dell webcam manager / center still do not work

:( i have had bigger expectation on dell computers.

4.6K Posts

January 31st, 2010 02:00

I plugged in the camera when I was requested by the cd, I think is the step number 2...

Hmmnnn... then I don't know what else to suggest, other than - as I suggested above, downloading the latest software off the Logitech website :emotion-55:

You'll need to uninstall the version you have installed just now first of course, then reboot the laptop - before installing the newer software.

Or... uninstall the software, reboot the laptop, then just try plugging the webcam in without any software installed - to see if it's at least being recognised when it's connected?

But there's a chance - albeit a remote one, that the webcam is faulty?

To rule that out as the problem, you'll need to try connecting it to another system - even if that means going round to a friends house.

3 Posts

January 31st, 2010 13:00

It works with driver R208437 in apps like messenger but I still haven't found a way to make them work with webcam manager.

7 Posts

February 1st, 2010 13:00

for W 7 is no driver for creative integrated camera ?

22 Posts

February 1st, 2010 13:00

I have a Dell 2208 LCD monitor with a Logitech integrated webcam similar to those on the laptops and Windows 7 had no trouble recognizing the camera in either 32 or 64-bit modes.  Might want to try the driver from the monitor?

3 Posts

February 3rd, 2010 23:00

Go under device manager and find it and look under the tab "details". From there select "hardware ids" and it may have two or three lines for device id, click the first instance, right click and "copy" then google that device string. You should be able to find drivers from there. Good luck!:emotion-2:

No Events found!