Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

April 17th, 2016 03:00

Dell XPS 15 (9550) and DA200 Dock not detecting VGA

Hi, so my dock DA200 is acting in really strange way. All functionalities like Ethernet, USB and HDMI are working correctly accept VGA connection. When I connect external monitor, I can see that system detects it, but nothing happens. So I have tried to use Drivers and Printers functionality to detect the screen, but nothing. After some time, I just unplugged power cable from my external monitor, but left it connected to the dock and surprising I noticed that system detected external monitor and it appeared in connected devices. After plugging monitor again, the device disappeared from the list again. My laptop detects the screen when it is off, but disconnects it when I turn it on or it is on idle. Any thoughts on this?

Edit: My Laptop has all newest drivers and newest BIOS version installed, for this particular reason I have also reinstalled windows, but no change.

1 Message

May 23rd, 2016 09:00

I have DELL XPS 13 notebook and DELL DA200 USB VGA, Ethernet, HDMI dongle.

DA200  stopped to work after I today updated BIOS and Thunderbolt firmware...?

September 27th, 2016 23:00

I have this same problem. Really frustrating, I need vga to hook into projectors at work.

October 13th, 2016 05:00

Hi Milkavis, did you ever get a fix for this? I'm experiencing the same problem. Just picked up my 9550 and DA200 today, but can't get VGA to work through the DA200 at all.

2 Posts

October 13th, 2016 09:00

I just bought an XPS (15) 9550 & DA200 from Dell with the same VGA problem! My Samsung SyncMaster 7111 monitor works with a Dell E5510 laptop but not with the XPS using the DA200. There were a few articles on the web hinting at the solution as:

"... the USB-C and WiFi adapter are somewhat related hardware and voltage wise. If you go into the advance options of the WiFi adapter and change the WiFi output to 75%, it fixes a lot of the problems with the connecting and disconnecting USB-C issues. Lowering the output to 75% does not affect your connectivity on wireless networks."

"In Device Manager, in the Advanced settings for the device under Network Adapter, you want to change "Power Output" to 75%."

I've looked in Device Manager but cannot seem to find this setting. Has anyone else found it? And did it work?

o_0

1 Message

November 21st, 2016 05:00

I have the same problem.

If you look at the dongle product link:

accessories.ap.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx

it's not even listed as compatible with our laptops (xsp 15 9550).

2 Posts

November 21st, 2016 19:00

I agree that the XPS 15" 9550 is not listed. I was advised by a Dell chat rep that it was supposed to be compatible... so I bought it. But after messing around for weeks trying to figure out how to reduce the Power level as described in the earlier threads, I gave up.  :(

3 Posts

November 22nd, 2016 03:00

Totally the same situation. Bought the dongle, because in the order page it was proposed as compatible device with my laptop and it was working for the first days, but afterwards when all the updates started with BIOS and etc... it stopped. Wrote to support, never got a msg back. Now I have a dongle which I can only use for Ethernet connection - at least that.

December 9th, 2016 06:00

Hi, same problem here with a XPS 13 9350. VGA never worked. Did someone manage to fix it?

No Events found!